New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by awallit View Post
    A salesman sir?
    Unlike you, I am NOT a car salesman. I am just helping the guy decide on the right car for him and his budget.

I have no underlying motive to sell a Chevy Cruze to the threadstarter if he feels unsure of Chevy's long term commitment to aftersales customer satisfaction.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    *donpaolo1

What is your budget for a new car? I assume it is around P900k to P1M given your option of a Cruze.
    Hey ghosthunter,

I went to Mistsu Greenhills yesterday (the new one in edsa) to have a final look at the ASX when I saw a red Lancer GTA top of the line. I cant believe this car wasnt on my list! Its such a beautiful car packed with everything...HID, Rockford speakers, 18" rims, low profile rubber - everything I would put on a car eventually after I buy it. Ill be living like Uncle scrooge for a bit, but I decided that this is the car I wanted after all...even if its priced almost like an executive class sedan. You own a lancer right?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Unlike you, I am NOT a car salesman. I am just helping the guy decide on the right car for him and his budget.

I have no underlying motive to sell a Chevy Cruze to the threadstarter if he feels unsure of Chevy's long term commitment to aftersales customer satisfaction.
    Just asking...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by donpaolo1 View Post
    I went to Mistsu Greenhills yesterday (the new one in edsa) to have a final look at the ASX when I saw a red Lancer GTA top of the line. I cant believe this car wasnt on my list! Its such a beautiful car packed with everything...HID, Rockford speakers, 18" rims, low profile rubber - everything I would put on a car eventually after I buy it. Ill be living like Uncle scrooge for a bit, but I decided that this is the car I wanted after all...even if its priced almost like an executive class sedan. You own a lancer right?
    Lancer na, FTW. Even the Focus deserves to be seriously considered, new model notwithstanding.

Cruze = rebadged Daewoo. Meh.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    A salesman sir?
    Nah. GH is not a salesman. Diba, ikaw yun ?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Nah. GH is not a salesman. Diba, ikaw yun ?
    No one is denying it. Proud to be a brand advocate

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No one is denying it. Proud to be a brand advocate
    Brand advocate or protecting your sales commissions?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by donpaolo1 View Post
    Hey ghosthunter,

Yes, I own a Lancer EX GLS. I have made subtle upgrades, mostly in the performance side of the car.

If you are a motorhead, the Lancer EX GTA should be on your list of cars to have. The 4B11 engine produces around 155hp and can go easily over 180hp with "simple" mods from Speedlab. The stock suspension is comfy yet capable of handling well when the driver feels the need for speed on mountain roads. The brakes on the GTA is bigger than those found on the lower models plus you have more toys and goodies like subwoofer system, paddleshifts, steering headlights, auto-wipers, etc.

You can check the following link for a guide of discounts Mitsubishi was offering October 2010.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/u...UPricelist.jpg

You might still be in luck that you can get the same or even more discounts.

As for being priced as an executive class sedan, in Japan, the Lancer EX is actually labelled as the Galant Fortis. All it lacks is some leather seats (which can be fixed by getting some leather seat covers for between P3,000 to P5,000).

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Test drive one in our garage sir. Feel the ride and its power.
    I have driven it and it is truly just a cruiser in engine power & suspension setting. Definitely not powerful since the acceleration is relatively sluggish.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Just asking...
    I don't get it. The way is see it, GH is just giving options and not giving flowery words to donpaolo1.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Buying a Cruze, need input