New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dndk2007 View Post
    i think its not really the looks, the driving comfort, etc. that is to consider.
    because regardless if it looks bad or not, even if its driving comfort is excellent or not, or even if it is 5 seater or not, it is still the taste of the buyer that defines... but the bottom line pa rin is kung kaya mo i-maintain yung bibilhin mo in reference to its parts price, maintenance charges, etc.

for those who have their chevrolet, that only defines they can afford to pay for the price of its parts price & maintenance. kaya nga chevy eh
    actually ni hindi nga taste ng buyer eh to say it bluntly. chevy's price their cars cheaper than toyotas and hondas. look at the cruze cheaper than civic or corolla. look at captiva cheaper than crv or rav4.

actually bait nga yan for buyers to be duped into buying something of value kuno pero saka ka sisingilin sa service.

----

your style of trying to make it prestigious or somewhat making look like a subaru/bmw or something is way way out of line. you are even insulting when you say we can't afford.

sorry, it won't work heheh.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    actually ni hindi nga taste ng buyer eh to say it bluntly. chevy's price their cars cheaper than toyotas and hondas. look at the cruze cheaper than civic or corolla. look at captiva cheaper than crv or rav4.
    correct ka dyan because of chevy's GMDAT main prupose of marketing. designed and assembled in korea to make it's price lower. but have you driven the cruize? or have you also driven its match civic to tell their difference in driving?

actually bait nga yan for buyers to be duped into buying something of value kuno pero saka ka sisingilin sa service.
    you simply do not understand. as i was saying, do not buy if you think you can't afford to pay or you're not willing to pay for its maintenance. ika nga, esep esep ka muna before buying para people will not be same as you, complaining to its service price.

your style of trying to make it prestigious or somewhat making look like a subaru/bmw or something is way way out of line. you are even insulting when you say we can't afford.
    you really can't simply understand the explanation on "willing to pay and can afford to pay" issue on previous reply (read it!). ... chevy has already its own prestige name, no need.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    at eto pa.

Montero Sport and Captiva does not belong to same category. kaya mahirap talaga mamili. ;)
    yeah, absolutely. there's always the difference.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dndk2007 View Post
    correct ka dyan because of chevy's GMDAT main prupose of marketing. designed and assembled in korea to make it's price lower. but have you driven the cruize? or have you also driven its match civic to tell their difference in driving?

you simply do not understand. as i was saying, do not buy if you think you can't afford to pay or you're not willing to pay for its maintenance. ika nga, esep esep ka muna before buying para people will not be same as you, complaining to its service price.

you really can't simply understand the explanation on "willing to pay and can afford to pay" issue on previous reply (read it!). ... chevy has already its own prestige name, no need.

o cge na nga. your chevy is like bmw.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    o cge na nga. your chevy is like bmw.
    it's not about to make chevy as bmw, but it is how you make your perception understand how to set requirements before buying a car. :screwloose:

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i'm satisfied with my 2 year old captiva. so far no problems. prize of parts? compared to my old starex, it's more expensive. yung pansin ko mahal ang a/c filter more than a thousand sa casa but if you can source it out mas cheaper of course. ang starex nasa 800 sa labas pero pag casa din 1k plus kaya konti lang difference. will be changing my brake pads anytime and was able to get full set from seiring. mas mura pa siya keysa original brake pads ng 99 pajero.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guys..... relax lang kayo.... i know all of you made your own decision of buying your rides and making a decision is really tough.
    In my opinion if your happy or at least contented with what you bought then you made the right decision.

Sa cellphone for example.. not all features are in one cf and not all people prefer to have it all....tama ba? Some wanted only the cheapest to get a cell phone that has a good camera in it and some its just the brand.

Ako, I'm proud i bought a CAPTIVA! why..... bcoz' i prefer the ff.
    -syempre afford ko, unang-una at i got it with a nice bargain of 18 months to pay with ZERO interest. if montero, plus 100K ang dagdag sa financing kung 18months to pay.....so nakamura ako ng 100K sa CAPTIVA
    -gusto kong ma-iba sa karamihan. if i bought montero edi ang daming kapareho...sa totoo lang sa dami ng montero kulang na ang kasa nila to accommodate an owners maintenance services.
    -cheaper ang diesel na captiva when it comes to PMS (periodic maintenance schedule) dahil Php 6,000.00 lang including the oil every 10,000 Km at optional pa kung sa labas ng casa ko bilihin ang fully synthetic oil. take note" hindi ma-void ang warranty with this scheme."
    -fuel consumption eh nasa driver na lang un.... kung mahilig kang makipag karera tapos you have this very BAD driving habits eh kahit hindi ka umandar eh pwedeng ma-ubos ang fuel mo.
    -performance halos pareho ng montero but more faster and stonger
    -spare parts like suspension parts, sang katutak na bushing, shocks, coil springs, etc. lahat meron sa BANAWE na replacement pero kung original ang gusto mo mahirap makuha at mahal like any other car in the Philippines. Also bago masira ang spare parts ng CAPTIVA eh taon ng bibilangin.... baka laspag na ang montero by that time or baka nakapag palit ka na ng bagong spare parts.
    -RE-SALE value: kung ang montero ay mabenta ng 900,000 after 5 years at ang CAPTIVA ay 800,000 i dont mind kasi nakamura n ako ng 100k sa simula palang nang mabili ko. after 40 years kaya maglano na ang mitsubishi montero vs CHEVROLET CAPTIVA?

im not saying that MONTERO is inferior nor superior to CAPTIVA but my point is if your not happy with what you bought edi talo ka! Wag ka nalang mang-influencia ng iba.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/art...l/captiva-woes

[SIZE="4"]Captiva woes
    [/SIZE]
    * Reporter: Gavin Alder
    * Broadcast Date: January 08, 2010

Buying a new car is an exciting time but what happens when your new car keeps breaking down?

The Holden Captiva has been dogged by problems. Only this week manufacturers issued another recall, the third since 2007.

When Chris Kirwan paid $36,000 for a new car he was expecting trouble-free motoring. He says he got nothing but problems.

Since he purchased his car just under two years ago, he's taken it back to the dealer for repairs 16 times.

He's reported a leaking tail light and rear window, loose screws in the boot, a faulty stereo and power windows, a malfunctioning blue tooth kit, a broken fuel gauge and faulty ABS.

Mary-Anne Damouni and husband Joe have given their roadside assist a real workout. They found faults in their Captive from front to back.

They say their bonnet needed respraying, they've had their front disc brakes replaced three times, their tinting was illegal and their stereo had to be replaced. But the list goes on.

They also say they had to have their interior roof lining replaced and the back upholstery replaced. They also claim their oil filter seal was distorted and the front steering struts were faulty.

Mary-Anne estimates she's returned her car for repair up to 30 times.

Rob and Belinda Kennedy say their car trouble led to an accident when Rob suddenly lost control of his car.

"It felt like the car had conked out completely. That's what it felt like," Rob said.

Repairs cost more than $12,000. They've spent $1000 in hire car fees - they also claim Holden is now wiping their hands of them.

The Captiva is made in South Korea by Daewoo. In other countries it is badged the Winstorm. In Australia, the Captiva is ultra-important to Holden which has sold 30,000 of them as it tries to claw back some of the SUV market lost to Ford, Toyota, Honda and Subaru.

But since 2007 there have been two recalls for faulty brake pedal clips and indicator lights. Holden says they were no reports of problems and the recall was precautionary.

Overseas there have been recalls in South Korea, the United States and Mexico for faulty brakes, fuel leaks and engine malfunctions. But Holden refuses to say how many cars were brought back under warranty here, for repairs.

Regardless of the make or model a dud is a dud and people are asking where are the lemon laws we have been promised for years. The last time was in 2007 when the Victorian Government sent a Minister to the United States for a study tour. The result, a report, but it's been shelved, because the federal government is considering its own legislation.

A spokesman for Consumer Affairs Minister Craig Emerson says submissions are still coming in and, in his words, a decision on lemon laws is a long way off.

Motoring expert Toby Hagon from drive.com.au says the US has had lemon laws for 20 years.

"It shouldn't be difficult at all. The US has had brilliant lemon laws in place that are there to protect consumers and get cars replaced."

"In Australia all we have to do is copy that model. It's not that difficult at all."

Holden says it it supports the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries' submission to the Federal Government. It reads: "The existing protections such as manufacturer warranties, legislation and tribunal processes are adequate to protect the interests of the consumer."

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.carmag.co.za/article/capt...all-2010-03-24

[SIZE="4"]Captiva, Cruze in recall?[/SIZE]
    GMSA investigating extent of problem

GM Daewoo in South Korea is recalling nearly 60 000 vehicles due to potential issues with steering wheels and fuel lines with Captiva and Cruze models. General Motors South Africa is currently investigating whether any of the potentially faulty vehicles have reached South Africa.

GMSA issued this statement: "We are aware that there has been a recall announcement relating to Cruze and Captiva. We have received notification from our source plant of this and are currently investigating whether this has any implications for the South African Market. Once we have established the facts, we will make direct contact with our customers and should repair work be required, we endeavour to do this as quickly as possible."

Considering the fact that the manufacturing period affected (reportedly April 2006 to December 2007) is a long one, we suspect South African customers will indeed be affected.

Although the exact nature of the problems has not been described yet, we have noted reports of detached steering wheels (Captiva) and fuel lines (Cruze). No accidents have resulted from these faults, and GM Daewoo elected to initiate the recall itself.

While on the subject of GM-related recalls, we have previously reported on an electronic transmission upgrade that is available to South Africa owners of the Cruze 1,8 automatic. While GM has not released an official statement on this software upgrade we encourage owners to get in touch with their local GM dealer to schedule the 15-minute long modification, after which the transmission will be less prone to hunting and better matched to the 1,8-litre engine's power characteristics. Our long-term Cruze 1,8 goes in for this exact upgrade soon, and we'll report on its effectiveness soon after.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks for the updates. I'm really glad we are in the Philippines. far away from the recalls.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
to all 2009-2010 chevrolet captiva owners