New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    im planning to buy a new captiva over montero sport.
    can you give me a feed back.

so far the ff are my reasons why i choose to buy captiva
    -18 months to pay zero interest
    -montero is more expensive on an 18 months to pay deal
    -2 liter diesel engine.... reasonable fuel consumption
    -150 hp/ 350psi
    -every 10km PMS
    -labor cost of PMS (maintenance cost) Php 6000.00 + (with fully synthetic oil already)
    -oil can be bought outside the dealer maintenance office
    -good suspension compared to montero sport after i tested both

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you go through with your Captiva purchase, you might end up regretting your decision:

-labor and parts are god-awful overpriced.
    -parts are always out of stock
    -quality of vehicles questionable. A friend of my brother bought one last month for his wife. On the 2nd day after delivery, the Captiva will not move in any gear. It was towed back to the casa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If you go through with your Captiva purchase, you might end up regretting your decision:

-labor and parts are god-awful overpriced.
    -parts are always out of stock
    -quality of vehicles questionable. A friend of my brother bought one last month for his wife. On the 2nd day after delivery, the Captiva will not move in any gear. It was towed back to the casa.
    dude, you mentioned in the other forum that it was your brother in law who bought a captiva for his wifey...?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chaxxx View Post
    im planning to buy a new captiva over montero sport.
    can you give me a feed back.

so far the ff are my reasons why i choose to buy captiva
    -18 months to pay zero interest
    -montero is more expensive on an 18 months to pay deal
    -2 liter diesel engine.... reasonable fuel consumption
    -150 hp/ 350psi
    -every 10km PMS
    -labor cost of PMS (maintenance cost) Php 6000.00 + (with fully synthetic oil already)
    -oil can be bought outside the dealer maintenance office
    -good suspension compared to montero sport after i tested both
    try checking this thread, this may also help you decide...
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64591

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    been an owner of a Captiva since 2008. Already logged more than 45k on my odo. Happy with my ride. Never had problems. Didn't even have to change brake pads yet, maybe 5-10k more sabi ng tech. My wife drives it daily and travels weekly or bimonthly dagupan to quezon city and back. my only drawback is what we have is a 5 seater and just had a 3rd row fabricated. You're lucky the captiva now is 7 seater.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by raquino View Post
    been an owner of a Captiva since 2008. Already logged more than 45k on my odo. Happy with my ride. Never had problems. Didn't even have to change brake pads yet, maybe 5-10k more sabi ng tech. My wife drives it daily and travels weekly or bimonthly dagupan to quezon city and back. my only drawback is what we have is a 5 seater and just had a 3rd row fabricated. You're lucky the captiva now is 7 seater.
    Thanks raquino. i also intended to use the captiva as an out-of-town ride. my work needs me to go to batangas once a week. Anyway, il be getting my unit probably tom am.
    Also, is there a group here in tsikot.com for captiva owners? it will be wise to put up a group that will break the eyes of some people who thinks that captiva is an inferior vehicle based on ride, price, fuel consumption, power and after sales maintenance. If there's any id like to join. thanks again

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I would say Montero is still a true 7-seater, high-ride SUV, while the Captiva is a 5-seater crossover na pilit ginawa lang 7-seater (ang sikip sa third row). So if seating capacity is a consideration, no question which one is the winner here.

And I guess mas madali makakuha ng parts ng Montero kesa Captiva.

Just my 2 cents.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    captiva is a good suv pero tama sa *ghost. stay away from chevy, nakuryente na kami dyan with the chevy venture. chevy venture is like the starex in shanghai daw, pang people - mover noon, so i suppose affordable duon sa shanghai. pero dito chevy treats their cars like bmw's sa pricing. my old buddy owns an aveo, and one time he asked me why his PMS cost him 11K. ha! sabi ko sa chevy namin 11K din ang PMS pero aveo na katapat lang ng vios.

never again, kahit maganda yun chevy cruze. i'll appreciate its looks na lang sa parking lot and sa roads. but to own it, never!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    i think its not really the looks, the driving comfort, etc. that is to consider.
    because regardless if it looks bad or not, even if its driving comfort is excellent or not, or even if it is 5 seater or not, it is still the taste of the buyer that defines... but the bottom line pa rin is kung kaya mo i-maintain yung bibilhin mo in reference to its parts price, maintenance charges, etc.

for those who have their chevrolet, that only defines they can afford to pay for the price of its parts price & maintenance. kaya nga chevy eh

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    dndk2007, nakupo dalawa Chevy mo. Optra at Captiva

-2 liter diesel engine.... reasonable fuel consumption - not really. mas mukang matipid parin yung 2.5 Montero Sport. nakaka 9km/L ako sa Montero Sport GLS 4X4 M/T but not economical drive ha

-parts ng chevy mahirap hanapin. minsan kahit casa na wala parin stock.

-horrible maintenance cost. yes chevy sya. pero ang Ford at Honda di naman ganun kamahal eh. experience ko sa Optra ko. from 35k PMS hindi na bumababa sa 10k ang binabayaran ko. :hammer:

-ang montero sport, spacious, high ground clearance, more "macho" looks, higher resale value, cheaper maintenance
    syempre yung suspension ng captiva better sa montero kasi magkaiba naman sila ng chassis. ang Captiva pang Compact SUV yung chassis at yung Montero Sport pang offroad yung chassis

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
to all 2009-2010 chevrolet captiva owners