New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    starex_gold, yes 2 ang chevy ko.

sabi ko nga, bottom line is kung kaya mo mag-maintain ng bibilhin mo? so it only means, its the sports montero that you can maintain and not the captiva? di ba?

i cant find the logic, dapat pag off road you need a more effective suspension. it's similar sa big bikes, ex. is yung bmw GS1200 which is for off road that has the better suspension rather than those naked streetbikes. :crash:

okay yung ride mo at nakaka 9kms/L ka pala sa 2.5 diesel montero mo. sa captiva ko nakaka 10kms/L lang ako sa 2.4 gas na gamit ko. pero madalang ko gamitin sa city driving kase ang hirap sumingit sa traffic

for my parts naman, i did'nt find trouble looking for. kase i'm not really checking to look for a cheap price kase i bought a chevy. sabi ko nga, you need to see to it you can maintain it

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    10 km/L for 2.4 gas Captiva? ok din yan. umaabot pa ba ng 12 or more sir?

hindi kita masisisi kung mahal mo mga chevy mo kasi kahit yung Optra ko minahal ko din sarap sakyan eh. diba? mas matagtag pa yung FD ko eh :hammer:
    maganda rin sound system ng Optra. hindi ako nagpalit ng HU

ang akin lang pagdating sa maintenance, namamahalan talaga ako sa maintenance ng Chevy. maiintindihan ko pa kung European car yan eh. tulad nung pina PMS ko yung SLK sa MB Fort, hindi ko nalang sasabihin yung price pero :shocked2: wala ako magawa eh. Mercedes Benz yun

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dndk2007 View Post
    sabi ko nga, bottom line is kung kaya mo mag-maintain ng bibilhin mo? so it only means, its the sports montero that you can maintain and not the captiva? di ba?
    'Can afford to pay' is different from is 'willing to pay'.

for my parts naman, i did'nt find trouble looking for. kase i'm not really checking to look for a cheap price kase i bought a chevy. sabi ko nga, you need to see to it you can maintain it
    Your opinion, so no comment.

i cant find the logic, dapat pag off road you need a more effective suspension. it's similar sa big bikes, ex. is yung bmw GS1200 which is for off road that has the better suspension rather than those naked streetbikes.
    The logic is that you need a more rugged suspension setup.

Try off-roading a camry for extended periods. Yes - nice, soft ride. But you'll end up overhauling your suspension much earlier than you'd like. Pero sabagay, willing to pay ka naman diba?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    'Can afford to pay' is different from is 'willing to pay'.
    eto yung ibig sabihin ko

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    mda, if you can afford to pay then there should always the will to pay or else you'll end up the same, complaining. if you can only afford but dont have the will to pay then don't buy ... both should exist.

also mda, the logic that i was trying to point out is for what purpose ba talaga yung unit that you're using? is it always for off-roading o mas mostly in city driving? syempre, consider the purpose of use ng unit di ba? kaya nga i gave an example similar to big bikes eh na yung laging gusto mag off-road eh yung me better suspension which was similar to what you have mentioned. this is similar to a 4x4 in a city??? or a 4x4 off-road??

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    mda, if you can afford to pay then there should always the will to pay or else you'll end up the same complaining. ...
    Sorry, don't think so.

Whether or not some things are worth the price is purely in the minds of the people buying them. Adding to this perception would be the opportunity cost - in this case, what other cars you can buy with the same amount of money.

Not complaining either, so I don't really know what you're saying.

if you can only afford but dont have the will to pay then don't buy
    Agreed. You can always buy something else you deem a better buy.

both should exist.
    Agreed.
    Value is a matter of perception ika nga.

Not trying to start anything here NOR am I bashing your choice of cars - just clarifying my post above.

GOING BACK TO TOPIC:

I'm sort of preferring the Montero Sport for the size of the car. Not an overall fan of the design, (the back looks horrible IMO) but it 'feels' like you get more for what you pay for over a compact SUV in general, especially since this mid-sized SUV is very close to the price range of the compacts.
    Last edited by mda; March 13th, 2010 at 12:56 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    eto yung ibig sabihin ko
    yeah, we always need to consider this before buying.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Not trying to start anything here NOR am I bashing your choice of cars - just clarifying my post above.

GOING BACK TO TOPIC:

I'm sort of preferring the Montero Sport for the size of the car. Not an overall fan of the design, (the back looks horrible IMO) but it 'feels' like you get more for what you pay for over a compact SUV in general, especially since this mid-sized SUV is very close to the price range of the compacts.
    yeah, we are only discussing here for the purpose of enhancing the bearer of this thread. let's note that

agree ako dyan, this is what we really need before buying... to check first, what all are own requirements for the unit to buy.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    at eto pa.

Montero Sport and Captiva does not belong to same category. kaya mahirap talaga mamili. ;)

*TS: ayaw mo ng Tucson iX 4WD CRDi? not a better choice but the BEST choice kung hindi mo kailangan ng 7 seats

guys eto na ulet, para sa mga naghihintay ng diesel specs

TUCSON GL CRDi EVGT-R 4x4 6AT
    srp 1,368m

2.0 CRDi EVGT-R engine
    6 speed gate type tranny with H-matic
    4x4 torque on demand with lock
    downhill assist
    hillclimb assist
    2 airbags
    ABS
    EBD
    immobilizer
    side garnish (body cladding on lower portion of doors)
    17 inch mags
    fog lamp
    side mirror repeater
    auto light control
    luggage cover
    luggage net
    6speakers
    manual aircon
    cloth interior
    no engine cover

di pa yan final pero if ever magkaron ng changes minimal na lang siguro

dohc na siya with 16v, timing chain na din ang gamit with magnetic crankshaft position sensor, electronic variable geometry turbo na din siya which produces 177ps, same technology siya as veracruz pero mas maliit lang ang displacement
    - FROM whitebug45

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Para walang gulo, Fortuner ka na lang. :D Just kidding.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
to all 2009-2010 chevrolet captiva owners