Hatchback kasi hanap ko
    bang for the buck kasi yun almera
    kung hatch at may budget pa ng konti, swift nalang

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by preno View Post
    Bakit laging may almera? ��
    Hatchback kasi hanap ko
    because it is only now, that you mention your restriction to a hatchback.
    besides, the almera is a good car, as posted by some folks here.
    if i were on the hunt for a car, the almera would be on my hunt list.

i have a wigo.
    "matagtag."
    at medyo nakaka-takot sa expressway.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 20th, 2021 at 01:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2018
    The problem with Chevy here in Ph is after sales support. Specs wise better, until you encounter a problem. I have a friend who chose between cruze and altis before, because of specs, choses cruze. Good for a few years but around after warranty expired, the unit got a problem and no parts are available in country, and have to wait for a month or two. The next purchased is already a Toyota. For me, the best sub compact hatchback here is Jazz. Might be pricey for a brand new but you can get a 2nd hand and the resale value is a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Our Chevy experience was a work-issued 2013 Sonic. The company had 3 of these. Sharing here some relative 1st hand comparison w/ the Toyotas, Mazdas & Hondas we've gone thru....
    Off the showroom til twas sold last last year, besides basic maintenance, had to address some small quirks & faults the Japs we've had of the same age & kms clocked never gave us...This 1 left us w/ only 45k kms on the odo. Below is the list off my memory:
    -A tiny thermistor failure that caused the AC to not blow cold. Cheap & easy once you discovered the culprit.
    - Went thru 6 good brand batts in 7years. Always passed charge checks. Problem: Batt was under-spec'd/undersized. Failed a few under warranty. The batt tray could've accommodated a larger 1, but the batt holder that came w/ it required some modification. Did not bother.
    -Common fault: shifter knob button hinge internals broke. $9 from the US, pricey from the local dealership.
    -High pressure AC hose leaked, had an AC supplier crimp us a better hose assembly.
    -Key lost pairing w/ BCM a coupla times. Grew tired of going for reprog. Left it mechanical.
    -Side mirror autofold failed early.
    -Misfire & codes popped. Plugs got soaked w/ oil due to leaky plug seals w/ the valve cover gasket.
    -Plastic coolant expansion tank leaked thru its seams....typical of euro style pressurized cooling systems that come w/o a radiator cap.
    -Changed engine & torque arm mounts. Sourced from the US after cross referencing local PNs w/ the USDM ones.

The above faults were fairly easy fixes & shared by all 3 units. Failures didn't come sync'd though, but they all came. Some I've never had to on our Japs, some just came way too early.
    I never had to rely on the dealership for parts. The key re-pairing, I had no choice. Parts were all sourced cheap outside, some from the US....
    So there, our Chevy ownership experience. Generally ok, but nowhere near as good as Skyactivs of the same age or our bubble era Toyotas & Hondas.
    My humble & objective 2cents? If 1 isn't handy, don't think Chevy.2017 Chevrolet Spark

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by preno View Post
    Bakit laging may almera? 😂
    Hatchback kasi hanap ko
    Toyota yaris

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlack View Post
    The problem with Chevy here in Ph is after sales support. Specs wise better, until you encounter a problem. I have a friend who chose between cruze and altis before, because of specs, choses cruze. Good for a few years but around after warranty expired, the unit got a problem and no parts are available in country, and have to wait for a month or two. The next purchased is already a Toyota. For me, the best sub compact hatchback here is Jazz. Might be pricey for a brand new but you can get a 2nd hand and the resale value is a lot better.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i agree.

the potential problem with chevy and other "less popular" brands,
    1. aftersales support, i.e., spare parts availability when you need it. even from the dealer's!
    2. economy of volume. few users, less demand for parts, higher parts prices.
    3. knowledgeable service folk. not all mechanics may be well-versed with the car's unique quirks. i have seen an un-trained mechanic destroy one such "unique" car.
    4. re-sale value may not be good, because of the above.

every car needs maintenance. even the best-designed cars.
    Last edited by dr. d; January 25th, 2021 at 09:37 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenBlack View Post
    The problem with Chevy here in Ph is after sales support.
    You really have to go to shops like Lightning/Thunder and those who specialize in Korean cars (at least for the GM Korea/ GM-Daewoo models).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234