New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 112 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112
Results 1,111 to 1,119 of 1119
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    I'm very concerned about the FC of our 2011/2012 1.0 A/T Spark.
    We had it since April/May of 2012. Now, odo is just around 11k+ km.

In the past 2 years, we've measured the FC. We're only getting around 6 - 8+ km/L in pure city driving.
    We haven't even reached a double-digit FC in city driving.
    Phoenix/Unioil gas station. We refuel once there's only 1/4 fuel left.
    The 1st bar of gas goes when we reach around 50km at most.
    I think we have 15" mags.
    Route: SM North Edsa - West Ave - Quezon Ave- Espana

Any idea why our FC is so bad?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hua Ze Lei View Post
    I'm very concerned about the FC of our 2011/2012 1.0 A/T Spark.
    We had it since April/May of 2012. Now, odo is just around 11k+ km.

In the past 2 years, we've measured the FC. We're only getting around 6 - 8+ km/L in pure city driving.
    We haven't even reached a double-digit FC in city driving.
    Phoenix/Unioil gas station. We refuel once there's only 1/4 fuel left.
    The 1st bar of gas goes when we reach around 50km at most.
    I think we have 15" mags.
    Route: SM North Edsa - West Ave - Quezon Ave- Espana

Any idea why our FC is so bad?
    Traffic, for one.

Automatic transmission, for another.

1.0 cars with autos aren't really all that efficient in traffic.

If you want to know if something is wrong, take the car out to the highway... it's cheaper per kilometer on the NLEX, but if you're closer to the SLEX, my economy testing route is back and forth between Southwoods and Cabuyao exit. Steady 80 km//h. Your car should get over 20, given the engine package.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Traffic, for one.

Automatic transmission, for another.

1.0 cars with autos aren't really all that efficient in traffic.

If you want to know if something is wrong, take the car out to the highway... it's cheaper per kilometer on the NLEX, but if you're closer to the SLEX, my economy testing route is back and forth between Southwoods and Cabuyao exit. Steady 80 km//h. Your car should get over 20, given the engine package.
    But isn't it still too low? I think I'm supposed to get at least a 2-digit FC.

Any recommended tire pressure? I currently inflate 30psi.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Just got the new spark 1.2 LT color blue bell metallic last week and very disappointed sa FC kala ko mas matipid compared to my old 1.6 lancer a/t mas worst pala, regular route is jubilation to sta rosa nuvali lang via slex and siguro twice jubilation - festival mall lang... 140km total trip travelled since last full tank consumed 19 liters = 7.37km/l
    Tire pressure 32psi, never loaded yung car twice lang nagkaron ng 1 passenger. A/C is always on, blower on #2 lang. Hi-way speed below 100kph lang, regular shifting point 3k rpm...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    LT MT? Give it a few thousand kilometers to break in properly. Observe over several tanks.

Try to stick to around 80-90 km/h. Short cars suck at high speed... the rear end causes a lot of wake drag, which makes economy nose-dive at 100 km/h.

Quote Originally Posted by Hua Ze Lei View Post
    But isn't it still too low? I think I'm supposed to get at least a 2-digit FC.

Any recommended tire pressure? I currently inflate 30psi.
    I'd try 35 psi or higher.

Not much you can do about the traffic, though, except fiddle with your thermostat settings to see if that helps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by don View Post
    Just got the new spark 1.2 LT color blue bell metallic last week and very disappointed sa FC kala ko mas matipid compared to my old 1.6 lancer a/t mas worst pala, regular route is jubilation to sta rosa nuvali lang via slex and siguro twice jubilation - festival mall lang... 140km total trip travelled since last full tank consumed 19 liters = 7.37km/l
    Tire pressure 32psi, never loaded yung car twice lang nagkaron ng 1 passenger. A/C is always on, blower on #2 lang. Hi-way speed below 100kph lang, regular shifting point 3k rpm...
    Try shifting at 2thou rpm

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by numbah5 View Post
    Don't let 1 bad experience from a Chevy dealer hinder you from buying a Trailblazer. Just to give an example, one Trailblazer owner had a problem with his alternator. Supposed to be, the alternator will be available 1 month and 3 weeks. Pero nagawan ng Chevy Commonwealth ng paraan. His alternator was replaced in 3 weeks. As you can see, depende pa rin talaga sa mga dealer kung paano ka nila aasikasuhin. Kay Commonwealth talagang mararamdaman mo ang personal touch kasi talagang aasikasuhin ka. At ang maganda pa, kilala namin sa club ang owner ng Commonwealth mismo. Member pa namin.

Kaya ayun, don't let one 1 bad experience from a lousy Chevy dealer hinder you from buying a Trailblazer. If you want, I'll help you get a unit agad. Ilalapit ko sa owner ng Commonwealth. Di ka na pipila pa.
    3 weeks is still 3 weeks. Unacceptable downtime if its your primary car.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Mga ka-Spark

talaga po bang mababa and resale value ng Spark natin? was planning to Upgrade, then opted for trade-in, 2012 Spark 1.2MT - 200K lang po ang appraised value.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Mga ka-Spark

talaga po bang mababa and resale value ng Spark natin? was planning to Upgrade, then opted for trade-in, 2012 Spark 1.2MT - 200K lang po ang appraised value.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    1) Mababa talaga ang quoted price for trade-ins. They do this so they can still sell the car for relatively cheaper than market price and not be left with stock of other car brands sitting in their lots.

2) I think that Spark really isn't a car many people look for on the 2nd hand market as a first choice.

2011 Chevy Spark