Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Yoga FTW..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    It is an ugly car.

Its not that bad, i think it looks better than the odd Honda City and fresher than the aging Vios...

Quote Originally Posted by basti08
    yup, but the 615K Vios 1.3E is cheaper and has good specs.
    On the brighter side, it has dual-airbags, split-folding rear seats and a CD/MP3 stereo.
    Last edited by AG4; October 8th, 2006 at 07:30 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    just came from Chevy Libis yesterday saw the Aveo... its a nice car...
    engine looks the same as the optra... but re-engineered with the modern VGiS Technology (Variable Geometry Intake System) which optimises air intake across the rev range, the benefit being consistency in power and torque delivery also provide class leading fuel economy and drivability.

would it be nice if my current optra can be upgrade/install that VGiS System...

price of the Aveo are:

Aveo 1.2L M/T Php. 550,000.00
    Aveo 1.5 LS M/T Php. 640,000.00
    Aveo 1.5 LS A/T Php. 680,000.00 <--- mahal siya, thats the price i get for my optra 2 yrs ago...
    Last edited by chuaed; October 8th, 2006 at 01:32 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    reminds me of the opel designed cars.. me thinks..

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    640 is for the MT sedan? I think that's a good deal if that's dual airbags already.

It does look good... one hopes that they've improved the NVH as compared to the older hatchback.

And RE: Comment about Chevy owners bending over and taking it in the a##?

Hmmm... what would you say about owners of certain other cars who silently sit by while the salespeople rip them off with overpriced accessories (if you don't get them, you'll need to wait another month) or while SAs twirl them around their finger on warranty concerns and defects? Hmmmm???

Chevy cars may not be the best in the world, but they're working hard on improving them, I'll give them that.

Doesn't mean I'm ever buying an Optra, but I can appreciate the appeal of good clean design.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    btw, front power windows, passenger side power side mirrors anyone?

but hey! it does have dual airbags naman daw! hehe ;)

pics c/o motioncars.com

http://www.motioncars.com/carchart/h...rolet_aveo.htm
    basti08, the Aveo 1.4 sedan specs at the Motioncars carchart has errors...
    Here are some updates(I checked it out at Greenhills this afternoon)...
    Standard Features:
    - Power windows(front and rear)
    - Power door locks
    - Power side mirrors(left and right)
    - 60:40 split folding seats
    - height adjustable driver's seat
    - adjustable rear headrest
    - Stereo/CD/MP3 with 4 speakers

Safety features:
    Dual Airbags
    According to the sales guy, it has ABS just like the updated Aveo 1.5 hatchback.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Not bad para saken ung price... considering airbags, mp3, and options similar to the Optra LS. heck, it's about time they introduce a new model to their line-up rather than just keeping on slapping bodykits and better-looking rims on their older models just to give it a better look. Then, what's wrong with the Chevy/Daewoo/Suzuki brand? They did not in any way naman create a car so lemonic that upon buying eh di na agad nastart di ba? Car owners have the right to their own choice of vehicle.

Besides, if we're going to hit on the looks of the vehicle, just remember what sir OTEP mentioned then na each car has its share of imperfection, and we choose the one that has an imperfection that we can deal with. Honda, Mitsu, Toyota, and other major car manufacturers here in the Phils. all had their share of imperfections in their line-ups rin naman but people buy them.
    What they like may not be what you like, and that's something everyone should learn to respect. Just my opinion sirs and good day.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    kahit nga yun mga uugud ugod na 60's classic cars tumatakbo ng maayos hanggang ngaun. that's bec the restorers are willing to pay the price.
    well chevy optra/aveo owners are value conscious who are probably first time buyer of brand new car so you cannot compare it with car afficionados that maintain the 60's classic cars.

The problem with chevy cars is you cannot bring it to banawe and get replacement parts unlike japanese cars, so chevy owners options are either pay the casa expensive price or just make do with defective parts until the problem get bigger and affect other components of the car.

Personally, i don't like chevy cars period. overpriced and yet poor quality.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The build quality nang Aveo Sedan is really good heck better than Kia-Hyundai to be honest.Ok na ok ang price nya lalo na't loaded na.Overall a really good car from GM Philippines(hey Captiva at new Venture naman dyan!!)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw it in Greenhills Theater Mall today. Looks Eurochic but the price is really hard to swallow. People are free to pay premiums for products they desire so the choice will be up to them. An economy sedan is not exactly something that commands a 'premium' for me.

Let's just hope third party support for the product comes around soon. I was at Thunder Quezon Avenue a few weeks ago and the guy there says they have no plans of providing third-party part support for the Aveo.
    Last edited by OTEP; October 8th, 2006 at 10:20 PM.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
2007 Chevrolet Aveo