New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    nee Daewoo Gentra

I think this will be a good alternative to cars like Vios, City, Jazz, Getz, Accent, Swift etc.
    I hope GM Phils would bring this car to our shores. It is much improve against the current Aveo hatch (the Aveo sedan is currently not offered here).

with bodykits

interior

much improved compared with the LEGO like appearance of the current one's dash.

All-new exterior design characterized by youthful refinement

All-new premium interior design

Longer, wider body (169.7 inches long and 67.3 inches wide) than previous model

Improved suspension tuning delivers more responsive ride and handling

More standard and optional features

Three interior design packages (choices of upholstery and complementary instrument panel and door trim accents in metallic grain, satin chrome, woodgrain appearance)

Driver’s seat fold-down armrest, manual height adjuster and manual lumbar adjuster

New interior cloth fabrics as well as available perforated leatherette

Enhanced acoustical package for noise isolation inside the cabin

Dual power-adjusting heated outside rearview mirrors standard on LT

Standard auxiliary input jack for iPod and other devices

Available AM/FM stereo with CD/MP3 player

Available six-disc in-dash CD changer/MP3 player and auxiliary input jack on LT

Available steering wheel audio controls on LT

Standard six-speaker premium sound system on LT

Available rear spoiler

The Aveo sedan is well-equipped, with standard features that include a five-speed manual transmission; 1.6L 16-valve E-TEC II DOHC that delivers 103 horsepower (77kW) and 107 lb.-ft. of torque; air conditioning with cabin filtration and rear-seat air vents; vented front disc and rear drum brakes; stainless steel exhaust; and front MacPherson strut suspension with rear semi-independent with torsion beam suspension.

Other standard features include:

Power rack-and-pinion steering

Intermittent windshield wipers

Dual-stage frontal driver and passenger air bags and seat-mounted side-impact air bags

Body-color outside rearview mirrors and door handles

AM/FM stereo radio with auxiliary input jack (for an iPod or other device)

Driver’s seat with fold-down armrest, manual height adjuster and manual lumbar adjuster

60/40 split-folding rear seats with height-adjustable head restraints for outboard passengers

Tilt steering wheel

Tilting head restraints

Rear window defogger

Daytime Running Lamps (DRLs)

Sunglass and ticket holders

Driver and front passenger seatback map pockets on all models

---wcf.com

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i really love chevy... sorry hindi ako tulad niyo lahat honda ang gusto...
    sa mga tao mahilig manghusga sa chevy optra... alamin niyo muna iyun sasakyan mabuti... parang akala niyo na perfect ang mga honda, toyota, etc... nasa gumagamit lang iyan, nasa nagdadala lang iyan... okay

sana may diesel variants sila... tulad ng accent

sa ngalang ng Ama, Anak, Espiritu Santo... Amen...
    Last edited by chuaed; August 20th, 2006 at 08:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    POS.I will treat that like houshould appliances.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuaed View Post
    sa mga tao mahilig manghusga sa chevy optra... alamin niyo muna iyun sasakyan mabuti... parang akala niyo na perfect ang mga honda, toyota, etc... nasa gumagamit lang iyan, nasa nagdadala lang iyan... okay

The Optra is okay, but is no longer the bargain it used to be. The Aveo is just plain overpriced - a Getz is better for cheaper. And the Spark, 490k?! Smaller than a Picanto?! 350k is more like it. Where's the nearest Kia dealership?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005

i guess their phobia comes from the fact that most new Chevy sedans are Daewoos, coming from the GM-DAT alliance.

Daewoo Nubira/Chevy Optra

Daewoo Gentra/Chevy Aveo

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'd really like to see what the local model will look like, what features it will have and how much GM will charge for it.

They still seem to think they can charge a premium for their bowtie badges.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    I'd really like to see what the local model will look like
    The Thai built ASEAN Aveo sedan should look similar to the Aveo sedan sold in India.

The ASEAN Aveo will be manufactured in the same Rayong Thailand plant that manufactures the ASEAN Chevy Optra.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    The Aveo is just plain overpriced
    Expect the Thai built ASEAN Aveo sedan to be priced just below the equivalent Vios.

New Chevrolet Aveo prepares to roll out mid-month, in the east

General Motors Thailand has announced that the new Chevy Aveo will be rolling off the assembly lines sometime in mid-August.

Details on the new subcompact are scarce, but we know that it's the first major collaboration between GM's international production teams, with aid from Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America, joined by penmanship courtesy of the Italdesign Giugiaro Design Studio. Aside from the mutli-cultural design language, the new Aveo will include a "euro-tuned" suspension along with interior space rivaling some of the biggest players in its class.

The new sub-compacts are to be produced in Rayong Province, Thailand and will only be sold in Thailand and the Asian-Pacific region. It's unknown how much of this version will transfer over to the American Aveo (pictured) which is due for a redesign some time this year.
    -autoblog.com
    Last edited by AG4; August 22nd, 2006 at 11:34 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    models they offer could be at par or better with the established brands here... pero read at other posts here and you will see aftermarket sales & service suck big time...

Sayang kung okay ang unit... bad ang sevice... pipiliin pa rin ng tao ang average performing unit with ok service....

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    the car actually looks nice.
    i guess it will be down to pricing then.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004

i think most of the people hindi naman naghuhusga e .. they just say what they have experienced themselves or their friends had experienced with the optra ... i have three friends who owns the 1.6lt all said that its the worst buy na nagawa nila matakaw sa gas tons of problems and it came from optra owners themselves .. i have experienced one of them .. while riding with my friend in his optra EVERYTHING INSIDE just went out ! dashboard lahat ng lights na meron napundi ata or watever while running in the evening ...

well i hope this new model from chevy/daewoo is better than their old models here ... but as jeremy clarkson said ... even if you changed your name to brad pitt, your still not brad pitt .. (daewoo - chevy)

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
2007 Chevrolet Aveo