New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    you won't probably believe it. or am I missing something here? matagal naba tong ginagawa?

cause I just came upon a racing team somewhere here in mindanao, the Team NCR. one of their sponsors is Chery. that have a chery QQ that runs autocross and claimed that it even beat the honda jazz, toyota corolla and honda civics. wth??

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPQc5nJycFU"]YouTube - CHERY QQ DRIVEN BY JONG KING[/ame]
    http://www.youtube.com/user/durabend...?v=U2bcS1f4gT8

still researching about the specs of this QQ. maybe i can ask them at istorya.net. the QQ's engine sounds serious hehe..
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; October 16th, 2009 at 08:14 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Let me just quote the description found in Youtube....

JONG KING DRIVES THE CHERY QQ TO THE LIMIT timed in at 1 minute 04 seconds fastest by this car and beat honda jazz, toyota corolla, and some honda civic vehicle with 1.8 or 2.0 engine...

WTH. :hysterical:

1.8 and 2.0 engines beaten by a puny QQ ? That's....

On the second thought, that might be possible because upon seeing the track in the video, it may be hard for the sedans to maneuver left to right and in u-turns compared to the small QQ.

:btw: the Chery's engine sound is....LOUD ( vroom! vroom! )
    Last edited by renzo_d10; October 16th, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the same way how takumi's junk beat the evo IV lol

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

:btw: the Chery's engine sound is....LOUD ( vroom! vroom! )
    made me think what kind of modifications are done to the engine.

proof that those suzuki kei trucks can compete (in drifting perhaps) as well (read: it has a small engine too except that QQ's is bigger by few CCs)

what's next? suzuki alto?
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; October 16th, 2009 at 09:00 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^ Vs. what ? an impreza ?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^ FTW!! :clap:

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sounds like your standard straight-through scavenger type exhaust (no resonator or muffler).

The standard 1.1 liter QQ is very quick in first gear... about as quick as your typical 1.6 liter sedan... and it only starts to lose acceleration at 80 km/h... from the video... it never gets more than halfway through second gear, so it has no handicap in this regard... and the straight-through exhaust certainly helps up the power.

The suspension seems to be the biggest modification they've made... it's noticeably stiffer than the stock QQ (which has crap-all for suspension).

A similarly prepared Alto should do almost as well... of course, it'll be slower, since there's no local 1.1 Alto.

-

Not so surprising a result, given how tight that autocross is... I remember AutoXer saying that he drove a race-prepped Kia Pride once that kicked butt on the autocross because it was so light compared to everything else.

-

I could beat him. Too bad my engine doesn't start breathing until 40 km/h... :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    and I thought that they've thrown away the 1.1 and replaced it with a 4efte...

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the team NCR founder and some team members said that it was all stock 1.1L engine. for the suspension, the placed G.I. Coil overs with rubber dampers.

well then in autocross you don't need much power. handling is what matters most.

i had also seen a kia pride running in autocross in the local autocross competition. (just seen a video. wasn't really there.) not so sure if it managed to win though. but then when i saw it i was surprised.
    Last edited by JJCarEnthusiast; October 17th, 2009 at 11:24 AM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sorry cebu-based pala ang team NCR...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Tuner Chery QQ