New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Has anyone took an MA in Economics? For those who did, hows the entrance exam? Do I still have to study other subjects like Science, Math, Social Sciences etc... or just study economics?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Inquire here:

http://graduate.econ.upd.edu.ph/

MA Economics

You can also try AIM and Ateneo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    got a question din. Paano kung engineering ka at gusto mong kumuha ng MBA?
    nakikita ko kasi ganito ang trend sa pinas eh. Kumpara sa may bachelor's degree in Business Administration, wala naman kaso or may assessment pa kung kaya?
    Last edited by Negus; January 8th, 2009 at 08:41 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Or you could try DLSU M

http://www.dlsu.edu.ph/admissions/gao/programs.asp

If you decide to enrol at DLSU, you'll take the regular entrance exams then you have to undergo an interview. I think it's more of an advantage if an engineering grad takes MBA. Mostly kasi they would find quantitative subjects easier than non-engineering graduates. There are a number of top notch professors in DLSU from Wharton and Harvard.

You might also want to check out the IEP - Industrial Economics Program at UA&P. This is where my BF took his Masters in Economics and he's all praises for the program. It's really solid daw. If you are familiar with Bernardo Villegas and Jesus Estanislao, they were the founders of this program. It's highly theoretical (econometrics and statistics).
    Last edited by _Cathy_; January 8th, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ uy archenemy

i think same din process sa ateneo. take the test then if you do not make it to their basic qualifications, may interview.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I am not certain if there is an MA in Economics at the Ateneo Graduate School of Business, but I understand that there is one at dear old DLSU.

For MBA,- there are 3 programs at the Ateneo,- regular, middle managers, and Regis (executive level). In my opinion, it is an advantage to have an engineering background when you take your post graduate studies because of the mathematical models/projects that are inherent in some of the subjects.

7303:soda:

7. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Same Alma Mater here - ID99 ENG. If one is gonna go full-time, how long is it gonna take?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if its ateneo, their MBA standard would take 1.5 years to 2 years max if going full time.

edit: also there is nothing to worry about what ever your course in college might be. basta college grad.
    Last edited by archie123456789; January 9th, 2009 at 02:50 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Inquire here:

http://graduate.econ.upd.edu.ph/

MA Economics

You can also try AIM and Ateneo.
    Hehehe I was reading the requirements and mukhang ALL GO na tapos nabasa ko yung part na must have shown exemplary performance academically medyo lumamig yung kamay ko But I guess there is nothing to lose...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tidus, mukhang gusto mo na magkaroon ng credentials ah..para hinde masilip saiyo yan sa kabilang thread mo...hehehehe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Studying for MA Economics entrance exam?