New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so why do you think they want you out, sir?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ewan ko ba...funny thing is, i chose a technical college course and job, specifically because i didnt want politicking.

Dr. D, dinahan dahan pong tinatanggal yung responsibilities ko, without any official announcement/advice from management. On the strength of that one guy's words, ganun na.

Then yung verbal warning was given dahil pumapalpak ako sa responsibilties, which wete already taken away from me the previous year.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    As to why they want me out, the mosy logical reason i could think of is gusto nilang magtipid by hiring cheaper replacements. There's also the possibility that i offended someone at gead office, pero very minimal ang interaction ko with them, kagit email correspondence kokonti lang.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    Ewan ko ba...funny thing is, i chose a technical college course and job, specifically because i didnt want politicking.

Dr. D, dinahan dahan pong tinatanggal yung responsibilities ko, without any official announcement/advice from management. On the strength of that one guy's words, ganun na.

Then yung verbal warning was given dahil pumapalpak ako sa responsibilties, which wete already taken away from me the previous year.
    have a private talk with the boss.
    tell him what you think, happened.... just the facts... "sir, i was previously in charge of this and that. a year ago, you said this and that will henceforth be taken care of by xxx. well, we know what happened. WE can bring the works back to spic and span, sir, if you will give me back the responsibility..."
    it is possible, that someone put the blinders on him, then proceeded to paint a picture of what this other guy wanted him to see.

bosses worth working with, are those who are willing to see the big picture. if your boss is wearing blinders by choice, then you better get out of there. pretty soon, he will look for a scapegoat: you.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sir/Madam (as applicable),

I hereby tender my resignation effective ___________.

Thank you for all the opportunities the company has afforded me.

Best Regards,

Your Name and Signature

keep it simple. no grudges on this last piece of paper you will be giving them. but if they do ask why you're leaving then tell them you are moving to a much better environment but for lower pay (even if the lower pay is not true). for me this is the best insult one can give an employer, up yours all the way.

move on pare ko. no use fighting a company that does not appreciate your contributions after these many years. 15 years is good reason enough for them to give you 2nd/3rd/4th and even 5th chances if ever you did made a mistake. in my book theyare not worth it.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Yah, pinag isipan ko nga pong dumiretso na kay boss, if only to present my version if the truth.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Halos similar situation pala kami ni ts. Medyo iba lang yun akin. Nauna yun business bago nagka-issue yun company.

yun system na ginawa namin ng predecessor ko gustong palitan nung bagong vp. Kasabwat pa yun assistant ko. Eto naman si boss eh no idea. I just told them na kung interconnectivity ang problema eh lagyan lang ng stable internet connection bawat satellite office na gustong iconnect at kayang-kaya ng system na ginagamit namin yun.

kaya lang hindi ako yun tipong sipsip kaya mas close si vp sa management at big bosses namin so we ended up purchasing the expensive system and buying the necessary expensive equipments plus getting also the required internet connectivity ng mga satellite offices.

Si vp eh pinag-create pa nila ng department para i-head. Pero lahat ng projects nya flop. As in lugi. Naging liability sa company. Nagresign si vp before ako umalis. So after matapos ko yun programming. I decided na umalis na ko. Hindi ko matatagalan makipagtrabaho sa ganung environment lalo na yun assistant ko eh hindi ako ang kakampi.

After 6 years hindi pa rin nila maimplement yun system. They hired 3 experts daw in my replacement and yun system eh hirap iimplement lalo na sa end users kaya they are still using our system...

Natatawa na lang ako dun sa vp coz right now eh mukhang mas ok pa ako ngayon sa kanya.... feeling kasi niya na dapat binibili lahat ng bagong toys para magsucceed yun negosyo. Hindi muna niya inisip kung justifiable yun purchase lalo na kung redundant na trabaho lang ang gagawin. Kung meron man improvement eh minimal lang or negligible.

Sa huli talaga ang pagsisisi....kahit malaking negosyo eh nagkakamali pa rin...

well kwento ng mga former officemates ko yun... anyway thankful pa rin kasi hindi ko mararating ang sitwasyon ko ngayon dahil sa nangyari na yun. And napakaraming oppurtunities ang nagbukas sa akin simula nung nag-full time kami sa negosyo. Baka yan din ang kailangan ni ts.

Avoid mo na legal confrontation. Costly yan at time consuming. Yun company could hire someone para sabayan ka pero ikaw, sariling bulsa mo mangagaling gastos nyan. Oras mo ang uubusin. Manalo ka man may bad blood na between you and management.

hahanapan ka ng butas nyan to terminate you na hindi nila kailangan magbigay separation pay. Kung kaya mo tumagal eh good luck. Tatambakan ka pa ng trabaho... company politics yan bro. Baka yun take charge guy eh dikit sa mga boss nyo.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Sir/Madam (as applicable),

I hereby tender my resignation effective ___________.

Thank you for all the opportunities the company has afforded me.

Best Regards,

Your Name and Signature

keep it simple. no grudges on this last piece of paper you will be giving them. but if they do ask why you're leaving then tell them you are moving to a much better environment but for lower pay (even if the lower pay is not true). for me this is the best insult one can give an employer, up yours all the way.

move on pare ko. no use fighting a company that does not appreciate your contributions after these many years. 15 years is good reason enough for them to give you 2nd/3rd/4th and even 5th chances if ever you did made a mistake. in my book theyare not worth it.
    +100 (except I would let them know I have higher pay)

The problem with staying is if they find a butas for you to get terminated. That's a bigger problem. I work in an industry where politics is heavy and I've witnessed so much. Personal relationships matter a lot - your network and support from management.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *badluk, I wont take a stand at this point since I have not heard your company's side but regardless who is at fault, there has to be a due process. Notice of explanation from the mgmt, your response to the notice and finally disciplinary action. It sounds like you have all the back upd to support your case and you have presented them. If mgmt has not made any decision yet on the case, then chances are their position is weak. They would rather wait for you to resign than implement a an action which could be deemed as illegal termination. If they wont offer you a severance package and would just left you hanging, then they are playing the waiting game until you give up. If you still can bear the heat, call the bluff. If you find a better offer, go for it. The stress is not worth it.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    +100 (except I would let them know I have higher pay)

The problem with staying is if they find a butas for you to get terminated. That's a bigger problem. I work in an industry where politics is heavy and I've witnessed so much. Personal relationships matter a lot - your network and support from management.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
    don't put anything in that letter, that the boss will eventually find out as false. he'll have the last laugh.
    these bosses talk to each other... "bosses, incorporated, or bosses friday club".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast