New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think it's about time for you to find the right job in a decent company. Apply with multinational companies like HP, Accenture or IBM. With your background, you can work in infra or technical support. Be ready to start at the lower rung though unless they are looking for IT Managers. What is important is you get into an organization with good values and ethical standards. Usually these are american companies where usually office politics are at a minimum. Join Linked In, Jobstreet, etc. and post your resumes. Accept all interview requests and give it your best. Good luck bro!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    it is really time to leave sir. they do not deserve your loyalty.

kung ako lang andyan iwanan ko yan ng time bomb. not the literal one, yung sofeware kind. or even hardware. yung iikot lahat ng pwet nila sa kakahanap kung nasan ang sira.
    lols! Ginawa yan ng predecessor ko! Akalain mo biglang nag-expire lahat ng software na ginawa namin hehehe! Ikot ang pwet ng company! Nagkataon na leave pa ako! Putol ang leave... hehehe!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If i were you, apply na sa iba ang gagawin ko

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    lols! Ginawa yan ng predecessor ko! Akalain mo biglang nag-expire lahat ng software na ginawa namin hehehe! Ikot ang pwet ng company! Nagkataon na leave pa ako! Putol ang leave... hehehe!
    Like defining the argument of a library date function as an integer only. Not even as a long integer....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    If you are not happy and hindi mo na makita ang future on the company. Mas ok na mag resign ka na. Apply ka muna sa iba bago ka mag resign or mag tayo ka ng business..

Sent from my SM-E700H using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    This is the reason why I want to be my own Boss!

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    *ts i can sense that may malaking panghihinayang ka sa separation trophy mo na it will just go down the drain after the long tenure with them, and i think it's very normal especially if the trophy is worth up to 7 figures.
    But, is it worth the daily stress of another single added day with them? Well, kung wala kang problema sa iyong pagtulog then pwede kang makipagtikisan until they'll push themselves to give you that trophy. Otherwise, better start shooting your cv (if not done so) as your next course of action. Di hamak na mas maganda ang bargaining power mo on your next job if you're still having your current one.
    Btw, not all NLRC decisions are favorable to the employees. However, i guess you have a strong case against them if legal means is push through (pero aabutin ito ng isang taon).
    Kahit anong pipiliin mo bro, good luck.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Like defining the argument of a library date function as an integer only. Not even as a long integer....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Hehehe! Overflow yan! Sa inexperienced developer medyo mahirap hanapin at intindihin sa code yan.

yun predecessor ko may product key with expiration. Sakto nagexpire after a year nung pag-alis. Hindi lang enough yun oras ko. Balak ko sana reset lang para yearly kelangan magrenew ng product key. Sa dami ng trabaho ko, tinanggal ko na lang yun part ng code na yun.
    Btw ot na. Sorry mods!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    If I were in your shoes, first thing I'd do is look for another job. It's much easier to negotiate better pay when you still have a job. If you're pirated, you can even ask for a signing bonus equivalent to the retirement pay you would've gotten with your current firm. Start by maximizing your network - ask friends in other companies if they can hook you up with any openings. LinkedIn is also good but it's better if the recruiter reaches out to you rather than the other way around.

At the same time, make sure to have your butt covered with all the email trails. What you'll be arguing if ever you get terminated is unjust termination. Not that you'll pick a fight and make the first move, but if it happens, you're ready.

Don't be the first to resign unless you have a better offer. Surely if you've made it through 15 years, a couple more months won't hurt you. Resigning without a new job to jump to is like throwing in the towel and letting them win. Don't give them that victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    If I were in your shoes, first thing I'd do is look for another job. It's much easier to negotiate better pay when you still have a job. If you're pirated, you can even ask for a signing bonus equivalent to the retirement pay you would've gotten with your current firm. Start by maximizing your network - ask friends in other companies if they can hook you up with any openings. LinkedIn is also good but it's better if the recruiter reaches out to you rather than the other way around.

At the same time, make sure to have your butt covered with all the email trails. What you'll be arguing if ever you get terminated is unjust termination. Not that you'll pick a fight and make the first move, but if it happens, you're ready.

Don't be the first to resign unless you have a better offer. Surely if you've made it through 15 years, a couple more months won't hurt you. Resigning without a new job to jump to is like throwing in the towel and letting them win. Don't give them that victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct! Saka yun separation pay. Sayang. That's why I'm saying make them pay.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456