New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Actually, tanggihan mo o hindi, you'll get the same 50k / mo value whether you are here or not.
    There is a secret force and merit system among each of us, and you have reached it. This force already upgraded your value, you just have to find that here.

10 years ago, i turned a $6k per month offer in Detroit. Would you beleive I earned the same value here in another enterprise. Wag mo balewala-in yun unknown force na yun coz yun opportunity mo ngsun was what you're entitled or deserving now

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks everyone for the motivation. I am convincing myself that everything will be okay. I was tulala for about 2 days when I learned that they might give me maximum time. I even cried about it kasi nga yung factors. Pero sabi din nga ng friends ko abroad, napakabilis daw. Re salary, I can save about that much if I lived really frugal kaya salary is not a motivation talaga. My motivation is more on the experience, training, career growth and working in the office address. We have several offices kasi in HQ and I will be staying in our landmark bldg where the CEO and majority of upper mgt stays so I am very close to where the action is.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Honestly I don't think you're ready for this job. Emotionally and mentally. Reasons you're citing are mere excuses and not valid reasons. To be honest

And based on your posts here on how you manage work stress related environment. You probably can't handle the stress there more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    I am better off resigning if I decline because like I said HQ moved heaven and earth to have me there. My boss asked me if wanted this several times. They had to justify this request with our Director. My issue is whether to request for a shorter stint (1 yr) That was all I was expecting bec I knew we were losing money. Malaki daw relocation fee.

If I stay, 2018 would be my earliest chance for promotion. And of course I have to work with people I hate (90% of them) No management support and no increase til 2018 most likely.
    Honestly I dont understand why you are having 2nd thoughts with the offer. You mentioned that your parents are overseas often times and you hate your job here in PH. No brainer for me if you ask me.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    Actually, tanggihan mo o hindi, you'll get the same 50k / mo value whether you are here or not.
    There is a secret force and merit system among each of us, and you have reached it. This force already upgraded your value, you just have to find that here.

10 years ago, i turned a $6k per month offer in Detroit. Would you beleive I earned the same value here in another enterprise. Wag mo balewala-in yun unknown force na yun coz yun opportunity mo ngsun was what you're entitled or deserving now
    OB, I can sense the force is strong with you so what jedi trick do you suggest for Cathy to earn net P50K with her current pay here?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malay mo dun ka makapag-asawa

grab na yan. for the experience alone it's worth it. bring along your fat lab, pwede naman eh.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Depende sa priority yan, Ms Cathy.

If your priority is to have an expat experience then go take that chance.

Saving? Php50K saving a month away from them, I won't grab it. Unless I have no other job option.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    Depende sa priority yan, Ms Cathy.

If your priority is to have an expat experience then go take that chance.

Saving? Php50K saving a month away from them, I won't grab it. Unless I have no other job option.
    huh? the opportunity to save 50k/month? you cannot do that here in the Philippines
    50,000 * 36 = 1,800,000.00 pag balik mo, invest mo yan while you are still drawing salary (which i assume mas mataas na.)
    aba, lalake na lang kulang.....

mga tao dito, even though they are earning six figures, mataas ang expense so di sila maka save.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Honestly I don't think you're ready for this job. Emotionally and mentally. Reasons you're citing are mere excuses and not valid reasons. To be honest

And based on your posts here on how you manage work stress related environment. You probably can't handle the stress there more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    same here..... but who knows, she can be ready by tomorrow.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    as an ofw myself...go for it Cathy

when opportunity presents itself, we grab them else sayang yung grasya ika nga. now about being away with the family for too long, that's really the hardest part. pero tayong mga pinoys, we are able to make tiis as you said. you're single pa naman so i think it's not that difficult. sa una lang talagang ma-homesick ka but as you go along, you'll get over it. yung 3 years ba straight yun na walang uwian? i hope maka-bargain ka at least man lang yearly may vacation ka...

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast