New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    basta mam cath. kapag kumatok ang oportunidad, pagbuksan mo at papasukin. nasa huli ang pagsisisi. kapag hindi mo kinuha to 2-3 years from now gagawa ka ng thread na "regret"

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    My main concern really is being away from my family. I did not think of this when my boss asked me if they take me in at HQ, how about my family. My family can visit me anytime but I have a someone I consider my 2nd Mom since she took care of me since I was a baby. I have never been away from her for long and when she found out I might be away for too long, sasama daw siya. It really broke my heart to pieces. I did not really expect a long term assignment sincd I knew we were losing money. I guess sinulit na ng HQ since they fought for me anyway. I could definitely not refuse, nakakahiya but a shorter stay would be tolerable.

I have no offer yet but I estimate salary to be triple at the minimum but after expenses, I would have about P50k in savings which I really think is not worth it.
    my note..... your family will soon leave you...... sooner or later, they will die.... what will happen to you?
    if you would let your second mom understand, she will. ngayon kasi, puro what ifs, buts, and what nots ang nangyayari.
    as they say, the 50k savings may not be worth it financially.. but the experience you gain, its beyond value.
    and 50k would be millions to people who would want to have that opportunity.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; October 26th, 2015 at 04:43 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its time to cut off that cord.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    2 years... madali lang yan. Rare oppurtunity yan dumating na sa palad mo.

Grab it while it's hot... kapag free time mo welcome ka pa rin naman dito sa board 😊

5. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Tinanggihan ko offer saken because of the reasons you've stated miss cath. Till now may mga "what ifs" parin ako. Although saken naman, first I was offered 3 months to experience working there.

Kunin mo na, cultural experience palang panalo ka na

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    They would probably offer you quintuple

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I guess my question is - what is the other option if you will not accept the offer?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Two years away from your family? Naku napaka bilis niyan. Skype or facetime lang araw araw o gabi gabi solb na.

Promise, baka bitin ka pa sa two na yan hahaha.

Save "only Php50K" a month. Pocha mas malaki pa yan sa sahod ko dito sa gobyerno ahaha.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I say go for it. 2 - 3 years is short, especially if you will enjoy what you will be doing. Yes, mahirap talaga mag-relocate. Your concerns about your family, car, dog, etc. are all valid, but I'm sure you can find a workaround for that. May kilala ako nasa banking, inofferan siya ng permanent position sa SG when she was assigned there for a few months last year, because they were impressed with her work. She refused because she was married. So they asked her to recommend a Filipino colleague who was willing to take the job. Long story short, yung colleague na ni-recommend niya ngayon ang nandun and she kinda still have some "panghihinayang" in her mind.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I guess my question is - what is the other option if you will not accept the offer?
    I am better off resigning if I decline because like I said HQ moved heaven and earth to have me there. My boss asked me if wanted this several times. They had to justify this request with our Director. My issue is whether to request for a shorter stint (1 yr) That was all I was expecting bec I knew we were losing money. Malaki daw relocation fee.

If I stay, 2018 would be my earliest chance for promotion. And of course I have to work with people I hate (90% of them) No management support and no increase til 2018 most likely.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast