New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    ipo ng shell.. maybe theyr delaying it.. pse hasnt been good to ipos recently...
    everyone of em.. semirara,sm,mwc,and recently fgen are all below ipo price...

among the blue chips.. i still the ayala corp is a good bet.
    pldt is quite heavy already.. industry will face tough competition from voip and wifi

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thats is the rumor i hear and yes i assume it will be a holding firm of the petroleum company
    hopefully matuloy and makabili tayo and it goes waaay up hehehe

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Are you looking at long term holdings or intra-day trading or maybe buy and hold a few weeks to a few months?

www.pse.org is the first place to go. It's primitive but it's got SEC filings, historical prices, company background.

Don't know if www.tsupitero.com is good. It's target is the day-trader. Coming from an insurance background the prudence and due diligence usually dictate buy and hold strategy.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    took a look at the charts, since i am a little into technical analysis. my opinions:

AC looks good, looks like consolidating in the 325 and 340 range. just might be ripe for a breakout out of 340 except that the MACD line is near 0. but if it does breakout of the pattern, its tsupitero time. just hang on and enjoy the ride. on the other hand, the long term chart to me is bearish.

TEl looks like its consolidating for awhile testing support near 1750 and resistance at 1850. but the recent downtrend looks bad, consolidating near the middle of 1700 and 1800. hopefully, this is just a pause and would continue its uptrend that started in April of last year

MWC looks boring. no action. While PXB looks like a cup-and-handle, kaya lang meho slanted. if it climbs to 2.50, i might even buy in but that blue MACD line is turning down, so baka buy short lang ako.

but then again, anything can happen in the philippine stock market.

blue chips are always a nice start. but buy on the dips (buy low) then maybe you can sell high.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    OT: sir morrissey ano yung buy short?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pagkaintindi ko sa short selling is that you "borrow" a couple of stocks from someone, sell it immediately, wait for it's price to go down, then buy it back. basically you're banking on the expectation that the stock price will for down in the future.

what i don't understand is how to you actually go about short selling -- e.g. you just call up your broker and borrow their stocks? and i don't think this is available to the common small investor

btw, citiseconline.com is offering online trading accounts for a maintaining balance of 25k

sir wildthing, kulang ata ng "ph" sa dulo(www.pse.org.ph)

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip
    OT: kelan ba IPO ng shell?
    oo nga? kelan kaya? malaki potential nila...

paano ba bumili ng stocks ng philex? sinong broker pwede macontact?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    b
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05
    took a look at the charts, since i am a little into technical analysis. my opinions:

AC looks good, looks like consolidating in the 325 and 340 range. just might be ripe for a breakout out of 340 except that the MACD line is near 0. but if it does breakout of the pattern, its tsupitero time. just hang on and enjoy the ride. on the other hand, the long term chart to me is bearish.

TEl looks like its consolidating for awhile testing support near 1750 and resistance at 1850. but the recent downtrend looks bad, consolidating near the middle of 1700 and 1800. hopefully, this is just a pause and would continue its uptrend that started in April of last year

MWC looks boring. no action. While PXB looks like a cup-and-handle, kaya lang meho slanted. if it climbs to 2.50, i might even buy in but that blue MACD line is turning down, so baka buy short lang ako.

but then again, anything can happen in the philippine stock market.

blue chips are always a nice start. but buy on the dips (buy low) then maybe you can sell high.
    bosing, i'm more of a fundamentals investor, although technical analysis fascinates me (my job relies a lot on interpreting trendlines and statistical analysis also). care to translate some of the more technical terms (like MACD and cup-and-handle)?

i just found out that my brokerage (Fidelity Investments) doesn't have PSE securities listed...bwiset! i really don't want to have to open a new account to take a position in that market...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    philex is holding their gold! they are expecting the gold prices to rise pa! the BOD meeting was over na, some said they made more than 500m+

got few philex shares... do you think we should sell it na or hold? or buy some more?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    philex was up by .16 each share... or almost 10% in the first hour pa lang...

Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
*** Philippine stock picks thread ***