New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by archielew View Post
    Since stocks naman ang usapan, diba may mga life insurance na iniinvest yung pera mo sa stocks? I personally think this is the best way to invest especially sa mga zero knowledge sa stock market. Your funds will be managed by professionals for a minimum fee, and the good part is, you also have life insurance... Any thoughts?
    Ang alam ko sa st peter. Pag kumuha ka at after 15years di mo nagamit. Babalik sayo yung pera plus free na insurance mo.. pero di muna kami kukuha. Bata pa kami.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Mask Rider Blac View Post
    As long as you keep the stocks, you will receive cash dividends.

There are 2 types of stocks, common and preffered stocks. Common stocks normally pays dividends at least once a year. While preffered stocks are a bit complicated. Preferred stocks maybe perpetual, cumulative, or non-cumulative.

Peso dividend per share varies per stock.
    Example:
    SMC2C pays P1.50 per share around 4 times a year.
    FPH pays P1 per share at least once a year while EDC pays P0.11.
    Thanks. Now i know kahit di ko e binta e may kikitain parin ako.. pero small amount nga lang..

3. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Tanong po ulit. Panu ako mag sisimula? Panu ako magkakaroon ng credit para ipang bili ng stocks. Sample gusto ko bumili ng stock sa SM. Pldt. Ayala. Robinson. Etc? Open pa ba sila sa new share holder?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Since stocks naman ang usapan, diba may mga life insurance na iniinvest yung pera mo sa stocks? I personally think this is the best way to invest especially sa mga zero knowledge sa stock market. Your funds will be managed by professionals for a minimum fee, and the good part is, you also have life insurance... Any thoughts?
    I would disagree. What you are referring to are VULs, or variable life insurance. Yes, your insurance payments are actually invested in equities (or bonds/money markets, or a mix of both, depending on your preference). Yes, it's basically life insurance and investment rolled into one.

However, it's EXPENSIVE. A coverage worth 1M will cost you around 30k per year. For regular term insurance, you will only pay around 4k per year. You can always buy term insurance and invest the difference (BTID). This is more profitable than VUL coverage, because VULs have very high management fees. A big chunk of your payments will just go to cover your management fee. You can try googling VUL vs BTID.

The main advantage of VULs is that you don't have to worry anymore about where to invest. The insurance company will do it for you automatically. You also remove the risk of you spending your extra money on something else instead of investing it.

Don't get me wrong, VULs aren't bad products - they fit people who can't commit the necessary effort and discipline to invest regularly. This comes at the cost of lower returns though.

I actually invested in VULs, but kinda regret it now, as I'm the type who will benefit more from BTID. However, I've already paid quite a significant amount for the VUL so forfeiting it and going for BTID will end up costlier for me since I'll incur sunk costs. In any case, diversification is always good. Not all my money is allotted to the VUL anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Tanong po ulit. Panu ako mag sisimula? Panu ako magkakaroon ng credit para ipang bili ng stocks. Sample gusto ko bumili ng stock sa SM. Pldt. Ayala. Robinson. Etc? Open pa ba sila sa new share holder?
    1. Go to COL Financial's site and prepare the requirements necessary to open an account (https://www.colfinancial.com/ape/Fin...an_account.asp

2. Go to the COL office in Ortigas to pass the documents, make your initial deposit, and open your account.

3. You can now begin buying and selling stocks in COL. This video should help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fWfT6dwyI60

6. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    1. Go to COL Financial's site and prepare the requirements necessary to open an account (https://www.colfinancial.com/ape/Fin...an_account.asp

2. Go to the COL office in Ortigas to pass the documents, make your initial deposit, and open your account.

3. You can now begin buying and selling stocks in COL. This video should help: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fWfT6dwyI60

Salamat po. I will study first then invest soon mga subrang pera namin..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    You're talking about mutual funds sold by Life insurance companies. Those are separate products being sold to their clients. You need to purchase those separately.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Find some time to read books also about the stock market. Stocks Smart by Marvin Germo is a good one to start with since its very basic.
    Goodluck and happy investing!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Find some time to read books also about the stock market. Stocks Smart by Marvin Germo is a good one to start with since its very basic.
    Goodluck and happy investing!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Cube View Post
    You're talking about mutual funds sold by Life insurance companies. Those are separate products being sold to their clients. You need to purchase those separately.
    Insurance companies really sell VULs. 2-in-1 products combining insurance coverage and mutual fund investment.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast