New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    marami kasing nagsasabi na "dead-end" or "little growth" sa HR e... for the experienced corporate peeps, what's the real deal with HR?

just curious hehe, thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Daming chicks dyan sa HR...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    especially sa recruitment ..

4. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    i used to head the HR for a group of companies. it is challenging. we had 5 unions and a whole lot of hr problems when i assumed the position, hehehehe

medyo may pagka dead end nga but if you enjoy the job, you wont mind

i guess, all jobs are dead end jobs unless you acquire some other skills (like operations, financial or even marketing) and then you can move to a position with a much wider scope.

but even if you are HR, you will still be involved in finance (managing your budget as well as providing the other departments with the HR costs and expenses), operations (running the department and understanding how the rest of the company and its people operate) and marketing (HR is service and you have to sell that service)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    its nice to deal with different kinds of people, their characters, their weaknesses, their strengths....

its also nice to create innovative employee training sessions, evaluate employee benefits and recommend new or improvements to them...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe other than the chicks, i do have to agree na dead end yan.

unless nawala ang mas mataas sayo, walang dahilan na ipropromote ka.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it can be a dead end - mainly because you get labeled as an "HR person" if you stay there a long time and people can't think of you as anything other than the HR guy.

there are jobs in HR that get you exposure and make you a superstar in other departments as well - recruiting, leadership development, and employee relations to name a few. usually din, ang career path ng mga babes...este, empleyado sa HR is to become a go-to person na pinagkakatiwalaan ng isang big boss ng ibang department, and eventually make him realize that he can use the HR person for other important duties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpink
    especially sa recruitment ..
    at ito ang dahilan kung bakit nakikisawsaw ako sa recruiting

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with M54, there are many specialties in HR like Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, Legal Environment, Labor & Employee Relations, and Training & Development.

Depende din sa Company kung may growth ang HR position. Sa Pilipinas siguro iisa lang ang function ng HR, multi-function kaya parang dead-end job.

Here's some sample of diverse jobs within my company sa HR Department alone:

Multi-Function HR
    Employee Representative
    Labor Relations
    Labor Resources
    HRIS Analyst
    HR Assistant
    Training and Development Rep
    Organization Development Analyst
    Operations Researcher
    EEO and Diversity Mgr

Above positions have four levels or sometimes five levels. So, can you imagine the growth within?! And the pay is very very good.

I'll have a career change after my MBA and you guessed it, HR here I come!

Okay ba magtrabaho sa HR dept?