New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Getting along with one's colleagues is important but can real friendships be really made at work? The workplace is a competitive environment and colleagues are people that we only knew in our adulthood unlike our childhood friends that we grew up with and know us at our core.

Did you form deep friendships at work? If so, how did it happen? If not, where did you draw the line?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have a close friend here sa office, who is our chief technology officer. pag nagbabangaan kami, alam namin pareho na its all work, never personal.

i had kumpares and kumares sa mga previous work ko. up to now, we still see each other.

draw the line? it would be up to you... pwedeng up to the personal level, or up to the work level lang.
    kami minsan, we go out with our spouses sa dinner, sa mga get together.... we give personal advices, pero not to the point in meddling na in what to do.

you are with these people 8 hours or more each day... better make the most out of it.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I think depende sa industry on where you work...pag sales, madalas galit galit mga tao dyan...

Me, i have close friends din sa office...ninong ata ako ng lahat ng newborn ng mga officemates ko dito...sometimes they share their problems and i also share mine...

Yup, you share most of your time in the workplace rather than sa bahay so importante that you have a good working environment...

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Real friendships, possible naman.. You really have to develop a good working environment para efficient kayo sa mga trabaho nyo. Personally, im a friend sa mga co-workers ko and they treat me as the bunso of the group. Kahit sa boss namin lahat kame magkakaibigan in and out of the office.. My co-workers though, meron silang group na talagang deep ang friendships. Yung tipong pag nag-aaway ng asawa eh dun nakikistay muna sa isa namin katrabaho.. They treat each other as family.. Ako, i don't go that deep. Its not that i don't want to, but i try to keep my personal life away from my work. I can share my problems and they could share theirs, but its not necessarily that we will solve them as a group.. Na-aappreciate ko naman na we look at each others back no matter what, ganun din naman ako sa kanila.. Ayaw ko lang masyadong maging comfortable sa kanila na pag kame ang nagka-problema personally, baka madamay ang trabaho.. That is to when i draw the line..

PS: ako din yung tipong katrabaho na i can do some favors at my convenience, pero never mo akong mauutangan.. Kung kapamilya nga nagkakasira sa pera, eh ano pa yung katrabaho mo lang na walang blood consideration..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    How do we define it ba? Im friends with my team, same level kami lahat. Yun Team Leader (TL) namin medyo distansiya siya

Pansin nga nung pinaka boss namin, bakit daw parang OP (out of place) si TL namin sa group namin.

although my friendship with my team mates ends with my shift, i can't consider them as same level as my barkada.

pero nakakausap ko sila personal matters and i can be myself when im with them.

we never go out after work, mahirap ayain mga tao dito kanya kanya after office hours puro pamilyado na din kasi.

which i envy with my barkada, lahat sila may set of barkada sa work nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron classification ang mga friends...childhood-HS, college and work then yun mga extended friends na like barkada ng asawa mo yun mga asawa nila...then asawa ng kapatid ng asawa mo...ewan ko ano tawag doon...
    Last edited by shadow; September 9th, 2013 at 01:22 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    .then asawa ng kapatid ng asawa mo...ewan ko ano tawag doon...
    Bwisit? Ay mali, bilas pala! Pero pwede din bwisit pag may crush ka sa sis-in-law mo.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    Pero pwede din bwisit pag may crush ka sa sis-in-law mo.
    Hirap nyan hehe si esmi may magagandang 1st cousins. Tropa tropa pa man din pag magkakasama kami

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I have a few close friends from my previous work. I don't have much friends (unlike others na kaibigan ang buong bayan) but i'm very tight with those that i have.

Maraming factors in these office friendships IMO (age gaps, industry, local or multinational company, rewards systems, company culture, etc.). I also noticed that more close friendships are cultivated within the groups who are just starting out and are young (esp. kung karamihan first job) and that they come from similar backgrounds. At my previous job, it was a very familial organization but it began to change when the senior management and ownership structure shifted big time (one reason why i cut out); more "outsiders" were brought in and given hefty positions, countering the home-grown people and this i think also made for a more competitive and less friendly environment. Buti nalang dito sa current work ko, pinagaawayan lang namin yung location ng photocopier and water dispenser... at yung budget sa renovation. Minsan nagagalit din ako pag may nag park sa slot ko.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    Getting along with one's colleagues is important but can real friendships be really made at work? The workplace is a competitive environment and colleagues are people that we only knew in our adulthood unlike our childhood friends that we grew up with and know us at our core.

Did you form deep friendships at work? If so, how did it happen? If not, where did you draw the line?

Depends. In my case, I never had deep friendships with the people I worked with.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast