New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    have to send this amount to my aunt in california. wondering if US Gov't will tax it

dito naman sa side natin sa pilipinas, BPI says i just have to provide documentation or valid reason for sending this amount so it doesn't get flagged by AMLC

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    look for someone who will accept $100K or PHP equivalent here, then his counterpart in the US will give your aunt $100K

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    or Paypal kaya??? actually i've probably transferred something like 30 million pesos thru paypal over the past 5yrs. but not as lump sum

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how about transferwise (now simply known as Wise)

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Crypto is another option ...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    convert $100K to USDT

send to your aunt

your aunt converts USDT to USD
    Last edited by uls; July 25th, 2023 at 06:46 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    look for someone who will accept $100K or PHP equivalent here, then his counterpart in the US will give your aunt $100K
    similar to what we did before

My Aunt was issued a USD cheque from a bank account here in PH, she just gave the equivalent PHP. She was here in PH though so she brought the cheque back sa US.

Sobrang hassle pag transfer, hihingi pa ng proof on where they money came from and the recipient will definitely be taxed.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    have to send this amount to my aunt in california. wondering if US Gov't will tax it

dito naman sa side natin sa pilipinas, BPI says i just have to provide documentation or valid reason for sending this amount so it doesn't get flagged by AMLC
    Yes, just provide a valid explanation and supporting dox to your bank. In my case, I showed my kid's tuition and dorm fees. Downside is bank's conversion rates are aweful.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    two 50K via Western Union..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Yes, just provide a valid explanation and supporting dox to your bank. In my case, I showed my kid's tuition and dorm fees. Downside is bank's conversion rates are aweful.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Buy USD from other sources nalang?
    Signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast