New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Gaano ba ka safe or risky sa pag invest sa mutual fund?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Choosing the fund depends on your risk appetite and your financial objective, and your comfort levels. Thats why choosing a competent financial adviser who can guide you with these funds is very important. The adviser must recommend funds that will suit you and your objectives. I've been investing with my financial adviser for 11 years now, and I also started young. The returns were good enough that I was able to buy my own condo now and also my SUV. May pang retirement na rin ako, plus I got to set up mutual fund accounts, stock market accounts, and also invested in business. I started investing with just 50,000, just to give you an idea of what a good financial adviser can do for you. If you want, pm me so I can recommend you to him.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    afaik, there are three kinds:

a) The conservative types - normally yields around 8% PA.
    b) The balanced types - normally yields around 15% PA.
    c) Equity types - normally yields around 22-25% PA.

in investing, the higher the yields, the higher the risks.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    that is why you also have to monitor the stocks and bonds market. don't just rely on the fund managers as they can not park your money in another fund type even if they wanted to. if you need to move it, or even cash it in and park it in a time deposit account, you will need to do it yourself.

i lost close to $40k in 2009 from my US mutual fund, just because i forgot my damned PIN and it took me a month to get a new one. kaya local na lang ako ngayon kahit na tumaas pa ang US stocks market. at least e madali lang puntahan mag-withdraw in case sh!t happens again.
    I also experienced the downturn in 2009(?), when almost all of my profit were eroded... Malaki pa naman ang placements ko sa Sunlife at Philamfund....

Hintay lang hanggang bumalik ulit ang market....

Kaya if you invest money here,- dapat extra money siya na hindi mo gagalawin for quite some time...

17.6K:santa:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    It is as safe/risky as your reflection on the mirror, bro...

17.6K:santa:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    afaik, there are three kinds:

a) The conservative types - normally yields around 8% PA.
    b) The balanced types - normally yields around 15% PA.
    c) Equity types - normally yields around 22-25% PA.

in investing, the higher the yields, the higher the risks.
    Ang laki na rin sir sa conservative types compared to bank deposits. Kung may extra cash lang ako, sa negosyo kasi umiikot ang pera.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    thank you guys for your inputs, it really really helps. and yes my company already covered my life insurance and so as my parents, maybe 1st quarter of 2013 ill go for MF, but for i know im still reading/studying about this. need more knowledge before i invest my money, i just bought my car this 2012 1st quarter, for 2013 im planning to have my investment.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang laki na rin sir sa conservative types compared to bank deposits. Kung may extra cash lang ako, sa negosyo kasi umiikot ang pera.
    pero sa negosyo, medyo may ROI kang inaantay and you have to consider:

- salaries
    - utilities
    - rent
    - supplies

kaya dapat sa unang taon, medyo mahaba haba ang pisi mo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by d'flash View Post
    thank you guys for your inputs, it really really helps. and yes my company already covered my life insurance and so as my parents, maybe 1st quarter of 2013 ill go for MF, but for i know im still reading/studying about this. need more knowledge before i invest my money, i just bought my car this 2012 1st quarter, for 2013 im planning to have my investment.
    one of the golden rules of investment is before you invest dapat may liquid savings ka good for 6 months. yung excess of that, yun ang iinvest mo.
    if you do not have savings pa, build mo muna yun.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    one of the golden rules of investment is before you invest dapat may liquid savings ka good for 6 months. yung excess of that, yun ang iinvest mo.
    if you do not have savings pa, build mo muna yun.
    i got greedy when i bought that car deym when woud be the best time for me to have this MF? 3rd quarter of 2013? i can save up to 10k per month,

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast