how old is the oldest software developer/sys admin/IT professional you know -- as in purely technical lang ang ginagawa?

just wondering out loud...i've been in the business for over a decade now...i have to admit i am at the crossroads, actually for the past few years na. i still think i have enough in the gas tank for the next 3-5 years...pero after that, what?

i have this notion(pasintabi po sa mga forumers in their 40s; if it's any consolation i'll be joining your ranks in a few years B), that once you hit 40, generally your tech skills go downhill. pansin ko rin sa mga wanted ads, companies generally specify 35 as an upper age limit.

Of course there are exceptions; personally i know someone in his mid/late 30s na matindi pa ring developer. For other professions like business, finance, and maybe even medicine, that may not be true, but i'm not so sure about IT.

i guess some guys are lucky enough to get into a company that really takes care of you professionally, so maybe they can slowly wean you out of the more technical stuff(in some cases, whether you like it or not B) and more towards management...but what if you're not that lucky?

medyo OT pero tanong ko na rin: how can you train a techie to become a manager?

tia