New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Has anyone tried this? Pwede ba for online purchases?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    haven't tried their shopnpay visa prepaid card product/service but i do bank w/ sterling bank and i'm very satisfied w/ them (magaganda pa at friendly masyado tellers nila )

btw, i've used my account for paypal purchases and wala naman naging prob

not sure if i was any help to you pala hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Bakit hinde na land CRedit card gamitin?

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^Yeah. Why use a prepaid card pa? I just use my BPI e credit card for online transactions. It's especially for online purchases.

I always pay in USD then BPI charges me in PHP. Their conversion rates are low. Mas lugi if I pay in PHP because the conversion rate of online sites are always higher than BPI.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ suki ka sa amazon di ba? wala naman naging prob sa charging and delivery pag credit card gamit mo?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ suki ka sa amazon di ba? wala naman naging prob sa charging and delivery pag credit card gamit mo?
    Absolutely no problem in the charging and delivery of items.

Here's one of my SOAs from BPI. I could even make purchases below USD5. I make multiple transactions with no problems at all.

I assume that this USD Visa Prepaid Card is debited in your USD account o papasukan mo ng USD? If you are going to buy USD here in MNL, it would still come out cheaper to shop in PHP.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; September 26th, 2014 at 01:57 AM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i made a purchase on Amazon using my credit card...right after i clicked to pay, napansin ko that the forex rate was 47.++...when the BSP reference rate was 44.++

So i was thinking baka mas matipid if i used a USD credit /prepaid card; even if you buy USD here...di naman siguro ganyan ka-taga ang selling rate ng USD?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i made a purchase on Amazon using my credit card...right after i clicked to pay, napansin ko that the forex rate was 47.++...when the BSP reference rate was 44.++

So i was thinking baka mas matipid if i used a USD credit /prepaid card; even if you buy USD here...di naman siguro ganyan ka-taga ang selling rate ng USD?
    Don't pay in local currency. Pay in USD so the conversion rate that will be used is by your credit card company. Mataas talaga conversion rate ng Amazon. Okay din naman bumili ng USD pero mas tipid pa rin paying with your local credit card.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ so how do you have your epektus delivered here?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I have it shipped to a US address then my family would ipon the items and send it through a balikbayan box (sea freight). It takes about a month to two months to arrive. If I remember correctly around USD60 per box and no weight limit. Pag may uuwi naman, pinapakidala ko na

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast