New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    I would like to look for advice here in tsikot regarding investment.
    I’m 28, married. I just don’t know where to really put 3.8m savings (this is a separation package as i was retrenched by my company but fortunately i got new job the day after i got retrenched with 30% increase).
    So here’s my situation, my wife and i already owns 2 vehicle (fxt,civicrs) so we dont really need a new one. We also have ongoing truck vehicle loan which has remaining 700k total balance. Currently, we are paying monthly for our home.

I’m the only one who’s working so i really want to know where can i put that extra 3.8M for the next 3-5years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post
    I’m 28, married. I just don’t know where to really put 3.8m savings (this is a separation package as i was retrenched by my company but fortunately i got new job the day after i got retrenched with 30% increase).
    So here’s my situation, my wife and i already owns 2 vehicle (fxt,civicrs) so we dont really need a new one. We also have ongoing truck vehicle loan which has remaining 700k total balance. Currently, we are paying monthly for our home.

I’m the only one who’s working so i really want to know where can i put that extra 3.8M for the next 3-5years.

ask your bank for its portfolio of "safe investments".
    kahit maliit interest, medyo sigurado naman.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by AltisAndMZ3FAN View Post

There's an upcoming offer by SMC of preferred shares series J, indicative rate is 5%, or 4.5% net of tax, interest paid on a quarterly basis. Alternatively, you can buy from the market other preferred shares offered by Ayala, Petron, FGEN, etc.

Or if you like a little risk, buy your favorite blue chip brand in the stock market and hold at your desired timeline of 3-5 years. Do not buy speculatives.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Ooops wait, I just backread your post and your paying for your house pala, I would retire that loan or part of it if kulang ang 3.8 without hesitation.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Lump sum on the house. Sarap ng fully-paid property.

If you're feeling risky, pangdown mo for a new property so dalawa na property babayaran mo - 30% increase ka naman sa income mo diba. Land will only go higher as it gets more scarce every single day.

We are the same age and the same stage (newly married) - my bonuses all go towards lump sum payments to fully pay our condo.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    if he bought 3.8 million pesos worth of heng de face shield back in june....

7. Join Date
    May 2011
    Use the money to pay off your debts/loans.

Or.

Use the money to scoop up some real estate with low prices (benta palugi) due to the pandemic

Bonds = returns are pathetically low for me
    Mutual funds/uitfs = majority of ph fund managers can't even beat the psei index.
    Last edited by xninjax; September 13th, 2020 at 07:23 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Yes, fully paid all your debts if possible so you will be living a debt free life... the rest you can try the pag-ibig mp2 program... sure it’s safe and risk free investment...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Thank you all for your input, appreciate it. Aside from paying off the homeloan and investing on safe instrument, how about paying off the truck instead? Currently we have 3, all of which are in logistics services. With the fully paid amount, i will have additional income to pay other loans. Now just want to have different inputs specially some folks here already experienced what i have now. Again, thank you guys!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Lump sum on the house. Sarap ng fully-paid property.

If you're feeling risky, pangdown mo for a new property so dalawa na property babayaran mo - 30% increase ka naman sa income mo diba. Land will only go higher as it gets more scarce every single day.

We are the same age and the same stage (newly married) - my bonuses all go towards lump sum payments to fully pay our condo.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    We nearly become officemates too. Haha but gotta choose other options with my corporate career.

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast