New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Assess your Lifestyle. Determine where the bulk of your spending goes item by item. And start finding a suitable replacement to each to minimize suffering.

For example, if you are the type who buys a Starbucks drink everyday, replace it with a Diet Coke, Ice Tea or Juice which costs just P20+ per bottle. Suddenly you have an extra P100 to save!

Do the same for everything you spend for. You'll find more money to save without much pain.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    12% of my of salary automatically goes to my retirement account. My company matches that by 6%.

On top of that, I have income from rental properties that goes straight to the bank.

Some of my disposal income goes to insurance, precious metals, select blue chip stocks and if possible, additional rental properties.

I do not succumb to impulse purchases. If I want to reward myself, I let the interest of my investments pay that for me.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Damn right! ... I actually have grocery receipts to prove this! ... Landmark Grocery here in Makati CBD is the cheapest!

Typically by how much % bro.?

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

vs.

Ang layo naman kasi ng Landmark sa lugar namin dito sa LPC....

13.8K:gotcha:

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    if you are earning not enough to invest, then save first and invest, but if you are earning enough to invest , dont save too much .. just invest .. dont let your money sit on the bank.. let the money works for you... look for good company giving more interest than the bank.. thats what i do now.. instead on bank i put my money on some company giving 1.5 percent per month interest. i can collect the interest monthly or make it compound interest..

saving is for security , investing is for financial freedom...

read some books .... book by robert kiyosaki might help..

ive got a soft copy of RICH DAD POOR DAd.. pm me and i will send it to you...

5. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by gambit1978 View Post
    if you are earning not enough to invest, then save first and invest, but if you are earning enough to invest , dont save too much .. just invest .. dont let your money sit on the bank.. let the money works for you... look for good company giving more interest than the bank.. thats what i do now.. instead on bank i put my money on some company giving 1.5 percent per month interest. i can collect the interest monthly or make it compound interest..

saving is for security , investing is for financial freedom...

read some books .... book by robert kiyosaki might help..

ive got a soft copy of RICH DAD POOR DAd.. pm me and i will send it to you...
    Can you PM me the company name giving 1.5% monthly interest?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    If you're not a trust fund baby or don't know how to suck in wealth effectively, then you really should live way below your means your whole life. Tingnan niyo nangyayari sa ibang bansa, nawalan sila ng trabaho. Wala pa silang savings. Retirement accounts nila na wipe out. At wag kayong umasa sa bangko lang. Buy gold kahit paunti-unti then bury it underground or itago sa ligtas na lugar. that's one of the best ways to hedge against inflation.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    This is my one and only phone since 2004.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    I'm having trouble saving right now. I don't know if its because I overspend or buy things that I don't need kasi sale pero all I know is that I wanna save na talaga and long-term sana - hindi yung tipong save now tapos gastos pag may bibilhin. Gusto ko yung tipong pang emergency talaga or for the future na Sana matulungan niyo ko
    I think this might help you What the Poor Middle Class and the Wealthy Buy on Payday

Quote Originally Posted by xninjax View Post
    Can you PM me the company name giving 1.5% monthly interest?
    If your looking for an investment, I know a company offering 29%ROI in 6months. They are re-investing the Money on Livelihood programs for Barangays, Foundations and Cooperatives. Nakatulong ka na, kikita ka pa.

PM me if you're interested

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    if you want to save.. quit smoking daw.. although easier said than done..

if you smoke 20 sticks per day daw.. you can save over 3M in 30 years..

Quit Smoking to Become a Multi-Millionaire ~ Investment Philippines

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

By not buying everything in fashion or on sale...

14.0K:bike3:

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
How do you guys save?