New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Hi

I would like to ask if franchising a gas station is good or just to put up my own station.

DOes anyone here owns a gas station, please share naman ng mga expeirience nyo on how to handle this business and where to find a supplier if you put up your own station.

If in case to franchise im only choosing between the two: SEaoil and Petron. Coz I believe Petron is the number one when in comes to sale and Seaoil has a good quality fuel nowadays that can compete with the big three company.

I also heard that the profit margin for per liter of fuel is only around P1.++. How come a gas station survive with this small profit considering all of the expenses.

Thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Because of volume. Gasoline station is a low margin high volume type of business. So your only chance of making money is if you get a lot of customers. Location pa din #1 determinant of a successful gas station IMO.

I suggest mag franchise ka na lang. Kasi if gagawa ka ng sarili mong brand baka walang mag pagas sayo kasi syempre mas tiwala mga tao sa kilala na VS sa mga unknown. I am sure you yourself feel that way too... Also by franchising you get access to their supply. Kung gagawa ka ng sarili mo magiging problem mo yung supply ng gas...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Agree with tidus, sabi nga nila location location location...

Try to consider Unioil in your list. Their franchise is relatively cheaper than
    other oil company.

I have been looking for good location to set up a Petrol Station. Medyo saturated na ang Metro's. I'm considering outside MM.

Request naman. Setup a Petron station within Ortigas Center. Meron na Shell at Caltex eh. Pero Petron Fleet Card ang company namin. Good luck with your biz venture sir.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    * paolorenzo

Still need a lot of queries, studies and more importantly the money.
    It's hard to make a decision if you're on your own. Hindi masamang magtanong to those people who are already in this kind of venture.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    Agree with tidus, sabi nga nila location location location...

Try to consider Unioil in your list. Their franchise is relatively cheaper than
    other oil company.

I have been looking for good location to set up a Petrol Station. Medyo saturated na ang Metro's. I'm considering outside MM.

Thank you sa reply , yun mga oil company meron silang existing station na available for franchise, ok din ba yun ganun setup? sa unioil naman parang hindi sila sikat dahil sa product nila unlike seaoil na meron 97 extreme at biodiesel.

Sir nkapag apply kanaba sa Petron?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ocanursjr View Post
    * paolorenzo

Still need a lot of queries, studies and more importantly the money.
    It's hard to make a decision if you're on your own. Hindi masamang magtanong to those people who are already in this kind of venture.

You have a point ocanursjr, yun din ang iniisip ko na magtanong sa meron ng establish na business na gas station or nag franchise. Sir pag meron ka friend na meron gas station if its ok for him if i will ask some information please PM me. thank you.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    usually ba how much ang Cash involved in setting up this kind of business?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009

I also heard that the profit margin for per liter of fuel is only around P1.++. How come a gas station survive with this small profit considering all of the expenses.
    P1.++? Tumaas yata. What I heard before was 35cents/liter, but that was few years ago. We have a client somewhere in region 3 city before. The owner was a daughter of former cabinet secretary of infamous president. Maimpluwensya kaya tuloy-tuloy ang construction kahit wala pang ....building permit. Petron din yun.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    1997:
    usually ba how much ang Cash involved in setting up this kind of business?
    depende sa laki ng station

around P10M to P20M

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
GAS STATION BUSINESS, IS IT GOOD to Franchise?