New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fxwizard14 View Post
    PS I currently own an Arco AMPM in California doing 400,000 gallons per month at .12 cents per gallon and market sales of 200,000 USD per month at 35% GPM.
    Whereabouts is your station located? Within the city? Suburbs? Or is it along the highway? Do most stations in the US average that much volume?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    In answer to your question. My station is on a major fwy interstate 10 just east of Palm Springs California. It is a hard corner location with easy on off access to the freeway. We are located in a heavy hispanic area with many blue collar workers. As far as the question how does my station compare in volume to other. My station would be considered a high volume unit with inside store sales much higher then average my gasoline volume is also on the very high average of stations. In California people commute long distances to their jobs which make California an excellent location to sell fuel. Other states do not have the same advantages as we have and so the volume tend to be far less. I would say that the average volumes in a California gas station would be about 130 to 150K gallons per month with market sales in the 35K to 65K area.

So as in USA location is the most important factor in selecting a site for selling fuel. You will also want to make your very best deal with the oil companies as to rebates and incentives per liter. In my opinion if you are going to invest large pesos then you should expect a decent ROI or you might as well keep your day job.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    May kaklase akong mayron Shell gas station. Sabi nya parang mahahalintulad sa isang nagmamaneho ng pangpasehorng sasakyan; aka boundary. You are forced to sell liters and liters of gasoline in order to meet the "boundary" of shell. Kaya minsan nangungutang pa sila para ma meet iyong boundary at ang utang nila nasa millions na. Di ko lang matandaan kung daily ang boundary, weekly or monthly. Pero basta may boundary iyan.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah aka royalty. If you franchise the franchisor gets a % of sales. So you need to increase sales to a certain level so net of royalty you still make money. Pero in general retailing fuel alone is just bad business. Low margin businesses are not good businesses. As uls have suggested when you want a fuel business try adding service and a convenience store those are high margin businesses especially service.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fxwizard14 View Post
    I would say that the average volumes in a California gas station would be about 130 to 150K gallons per month with market sales in the 35K to 65K area.
    Ok, thanks for the info. I think 130k to 150k gallons would be right about average for the stations here as well.

I thought 400k gallons is the norm in the US :-)

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Petron has something called a Bulilit dealership program

Types:

http://www.petron.com/pdf/BulilitStationTypes.pdf

cute noh?
    #7.

ok sa probinsya, sa mga 3rd class municipalities na karamihan ay PUJs at tricycles.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi, If you have good location site para sa gasoline station , please email me Maybe I can help you about your inquiry. Pag ok ang puwesto mo, maganda kita. Taga saan po kau? Ako Pampanga, my sister is private supplier ng gas and diesel.Region 3. Pm me nalang po. tnx

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    kasi interesado ako dun sa bulilit station ng petron...gaano kalaki yung area na kailangan..magkano yung money na iniinvest sa petron at sino gagastos sa construction po?
    Meron po ba kayong sample ng return of investment , kung ilang taon saka magbreakeven ang expenses at net profit? or kahit forecast profit & loss? Thank you po

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by rita ramirez View Post
    kasi interesado ako dun sa bulilit station ng petron...gaano kalaki yung area na kailangan..magkano yung money na iniinvest sa petron at sino gagastos sa construction po?
    Meron po ba kayong sample ng return of investment , kung ilang taon saka magbreakeven ang expenses at net profit? or kahit forecast profit & loss? Thank you po
    I also saw this, just dont know how much is the required capital and the other details.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Bulilit dealer= Bulilit profit

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
GAS STATION BUSINESS, IS IT GOOD to Franchise?