New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you (married couples) pool your money or keep them separately?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pool all money and both have equal access.

7 46.67%
  • Keep own (earned) Money on separate accounts.

2 13.33%
  • Keep most, pool some.

2 13.33%
  • Keep some, pool most.

4 26.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It's best to pool most of the money but keep some in a personal account. That way you still have money for personal vices.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me and my wife, this works:

she pays for the MA of our house (everything) and the rest of her pay, its all up to her. she pays for the water delivery, she's the one buying rice, some out of schedule ulams and gives allowance to our kid during school days. she also pays for our annual summer vacation, takes care of our kid's school supplies.

ako naman, i handle most of the operational stuff at home (all bills), Lpg, groceries, recreational expenses during weekends, gasoline, tollfees, car maintenance costs and our kids tuition fees and books. the rest, she does not care on how i spend it.

we have never discussed or fought about money. i guess that is one perk of a couple being married for 14 years.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i still need help from my wife financially. anyway, we keep separate accounts but we have our own financial responsibilities. she pays for the food for the house (grocery - food and drinks). i pay for everything else (house, bills, baby stuff, etc...) whenever we eat out, i usually pay unless she says it's on her. anything left over, we keep in separate savings accounts.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    although my wife earns 3X as much ( i work in the govt), i try to make make equal contributions to all our expenses.

my wife has no choice but to take care of the water, electricity, and apt rental. those are automatically deducted from her salary hehehe

i am in charge of the food, drinking water, cable TV, part of the phone bill and some minor house needs like faucets, light bulbs, etc. i also take care of all the DIY house repairs.

we alternately buy the needs of our baby.

i buy the gas for my motorcycle. she buys gas for her car

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Share kami ni misis 50-50 for the major expenses (electricity bill & condo amortization). But otherwise, we spend our salaries any way we see fit.

We still live in my mother's house, kaya malaking tipid. Especially nowadays, mahal na lahat ng bilihin. Pandak na lang ang hindi tumataas!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We pool all our money together.

Then, we work on a (relatively tight) budget so that we can have some savings.

She handles the physical money, paying for the school bus, kids' school allowance, market expenses, household helps, rice, LPGs and others that can't be paid through credit cards. (While I survive on a meager allowance).

I then pay for all the petrol, utility bills, insurance, and credit cards electronically through our common savings account.

And, by the way, we give money to our parents every month.... Feels good for us. But, this is just us.....

Works well for our values and lifestyle.

5909:burn:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    where is the poll option for "pool all money, only wife has access" ?
    Agree! hehehe

Abot lang lahat kay misis sya na bahala hehehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    Agree! hehehe

Abot lang lahat kay misis sya na bahala hehehe
    Actually, this is my exact situation as well.... so option 1 nalang din kayo, guys....

So far so good naman... hehe... well, obviously, I'm a "good boy". No chicks so I really have no problem with this arrangement.... but she never, ever gives me any problems when I want money and doesn't really check on where I spend it.... mostly at Emperor motorsports. hehehe.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    sa akin din lahat ng sweldo ko sa kanya pumupunta simula ng mag asawa kami. maski ng dito na ako sa abroad deretso sa kanya nag sweldo ko to the last dollar.ganun na naging set up namin at wala naman kaming naging problema.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Me too, all goes to the common fund although ang allowances ay akin lang talaga for my hobbies.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Financial arrangement for married couples