New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do you (married couples) pool your money or keep them separately?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pool all money and both have equal access.

7 46.67%
  • Keep own (earned) Money on separate accounts.

2 13.33%
  • Keep most, pool some.

2 13.33%
  • Keep some, pool most.

4 26.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Hello Guys, Me and the wife pool all our finances together and have equal access to funds regardless of who earns more.....

But then I realize there are many couples who keep their own money on separate accounts... just a quick survey of how pinoys handle their finances.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    since my wife is working also, my 60% of my salary automatically goes to our savings and if ever she needs to go to grocery alam na ng mrs ko saan siya kukuha ng panggastos. yung 40% ay sa akin na pang-chicks este pang gastos kung masisira ang auto or pang PM and to buy some necesity.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Joint account kaming dalawa, regardless. Pero ako ang nang-aasikaso sa lahat ng bill pati grocery, parang Quarter Master.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    we halve all common expenses (bills like cable, internet, salary for maid etc) and make equal contributions to a joint account monthly. we take turns spending for groceries. pag may konti, like nanalo sa poker, balato para ke misis hehehe. we have separate budgets for our personal expenses. if we want to buy something luxurious (new cellphone, etc), bahala na isat isa to make budget for it. basta the system stays.

we have found that this system works pretty good. ive adviced this to some friends and they agree that it works for them too.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What about housewives? Do they get the salary of the husband or do they get an allowance from the husband?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Iisang bulsa lang kami ng misis ko.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Although la akong asawa, pero looking at my parents meron silang pool pero I am 100% sure meron din silang pera na di alam ng kabila

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My parents keep their own money and are assigned to take care of their share of house bills and mortgages. I have no Idea where I got my idealized view of having equal sharing with my wife. But it works for us and I wouldn't want it any other way. It sounds naive tho, I know, and does not look out for unforeseen events like separation or what not.

I do know of some friends who give their wives salaries instead of complete access.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What about housewives? Do they get the salary of the husband or do they get an allowance from the husband?

Yeah, I think some housewives I know only get "salary" from their husbands.

While my wife has a bag collection costing more than a civic I think some changes should be made!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    where is the poll option for "pool all money, only wife has access" ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Financial arrangement for married couples