New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    I can Google the contact numbers of Johnnyair.

I am a bit hesitant in buying online with an entity that I cannot go after physically.

From what I learned from the Galleon.ph website, you can pay by depositing the amount at BPI and you have the deposit slip as your proof of payment and documentary trail. Plus may offices sila sa Manila where you can call and/or physical go to for complaints, if ever.

Isip isip muna bago sasabak

ive bought alot of items online in the US and even in UK, never pa nagkaproblem, just make sure the site is well known. Oh yeah, i had one problem where the page did not load to show my transaction confirmation so i emailed the site, nagreply naman and they manually input my order since nagcharge na sa credit card ko yung binili ko.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Can you order the item through Johnnyair service or do you have to buy this yourself online and then have it delivered to the US address of Johnnyair?

It is a small item, costs about $5 tops, but it is out of stock on any of the online stores. I am hesitant to try eBay or Amazon. Plus, I do not have any paypal or equivalent payment account. Neither do I want to use my credit card online.
    you can have JAC order the item for you or you can buy it yourself then just put JAC addres as delivery address. may minimum amount lang sa johnny air if you want them to order for you, lugi ka pag $5 lang hehe.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I was like you at first but Amazon changed the way I shop Now I order from other websites as well. Try to look for your item at Amazon and see how it is priced. I swear by Amazon talaga.
    Id like to buy a lot of stuff from amazon, kaso im here sa pinas. Pano ang shipping process nila?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shibby75 View Post
    Id like to buy a lot of stuff from amazon, kaso im here sa pinas. Pano ang shipping process nila?
    I have it shipped to my Auntie's house,then when my items are enough to fill one balikbayan box, they send it through sea freight. USD60 ata and it takes more or less a month to arrive. Sometimes I have family or friends bring it pag may uuwi It is too expensive to ship it directly to Manila.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    I have it shipped to my Auntie's house,then when my items are enough to fill one balikbayan box, they send it through sea freight. USD60 ata and it takes more or less a month to arrive. Sometimes I have family or friends bring it pag may uuwi It is too expensive to ship it directly to Manila.
    ganyan din ginagawa ko. for some i use a friend's forwarder pag atat sa gamit kaso much more expensive

6. Join Date
    May 2013
    may kamahalan sa galleon pero inclusive kasi sa mark up yun shipping cost.

i'm using my-shopping box, you may want to try it. items will be delivered right at your doorstep. like JAC, they will provide you with a US address once you sign up. i've been using my-shopping box for 2 years now when i look for items at amazon.com. they have a registration fee of $25/year...not sure if they change the rate. if you have a BDO credit card, click on their BDO promo link to waive the registration fee and you will be able to use their service for a year.

if you're hesitant to use your card, i believe there's some sort of virtual/internet card where you can assign a credit limit. BDO and BPI has it.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I know one of the founders of Galleon.ph, and I can attest to his trustworthiness. Mas mahal nga lang talaga ang babayaran mo :D
    I guess that's the price one has to pay for convenience and peace of mind.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hi, I'm Jeffrey Siy. One of the founders of Galleon.ph.

Seems post of the posts are around 2013. If you revisit the site, you may have noticed a reduction in prices as well as breakdown of shipping cost. I assure you we don't mark up 50%. It may simply appear that way bec it includes international shipping cost and custom fees as well as our margins

You can trust us as time proved that we have an excellent track record. Check our FB page for customer feedback.

If you have any concerns or questions, please don't hesitate to contact me personally at jeff*galleon.ph. Will be most happy to answer or help you any way I can.

True, mukhang mataas nga ang presyo nila.

Looks like a 50% or more mark up. Of course, sagot na nila ang import taxes and other costs of delivery though.

Assuming you can pay the price (compared to ordering it yourself), maaasahan ba sila?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Glad to tell you that delivery time has now been shortened. Working of making it faster at the same time cheaper.

We have a 30% discount on shipping ending this Aug 31, 2015. Enjoy shopping.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    ridiculous prices

galleon should just quit this disservice. they're just capitalizing on filipinos who don't know any better. one notch below highway robbery

(now doing a hand gesture w/ my middle finger)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast