New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Reasonable net monthly salary for a family of 4?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Around 30,000 Pesos

2 5.56%
  • Around 40,000 Pesos

4 11.11%
  • Around 50,000 Pesos

13 36.11%
  • Around 60,000 Pesos

17 47.22%
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    sa akin safe na yong 50K.pinag uusapan kasi dyan included na yong mga misc like when a member of the family nagkasakit.so part of the decent living dapat meron kang budget sa ganong kaso.kumakain ka nga ng 3meals a day then without a savings ala padin.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by HIFI View Post
    Subjective talaga ito.

I have a relative....P60 to 70T monthly, 3 kids. Kulang pa raw. Maxed out ang mag credit cards. Ironic, dahil CPA Graduate pa ang wife. Puro kasi rich ang mga "friends" niya...ayun, nakiki-rich din ang lifestyle. Pagbalik sa bahay, ayun....walang pera.
    That's right. That's 1 reason why "decent" living is subjective.

The social circle u move in will affect ur perception on what u would consider "decent" living.

If u are a fixed income wage earner, it's hard to keep up with friends who own businesses or have multiple sources of income.

Ung mga luho nila financed by income derived from assets, while u have to work ur ass off to finance the same luho to keep up with them.

For high income people, decent living could be travelling/vacations several times a year, maintaining several cars, maintaining a big house/s.... if they have to move down.. like just have 1 car, 1 house, limited opportunity to travel.. to them, that's no longer decent living..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Maybe just to make it a little bit clearer..we would like to talk about Decent Living for the middle class which probably accounts to more than 20% of the population.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    60K net AFTER the house and car?!! wow that's pretty cushy already by my standards....

i think if the constraint is "20%" of the population... well the Philippines is a very poor country, if you say 20% of the population you're probably talking about 30K GROSS per month.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Kaya maraming nagtitiis sa abroad para ma-afford or malampasan pa yung "decent living", para sa pamilya nila.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Kung nag aaral na siguro yun 4 kids kailangan 60k a month or more.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depende sa lifestyle...when i was there last aug...yung 1kpesos ko pang gasolina lang/day ..parang hindi ka na pwede mag-date na 500 lang pera mo..

i would say mga 30-50k net/month (with own house)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^relative....depende sa lifestyle...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    ^^^relative....depende sa lifestyle...
    With the kind of decent living you have in mind...what's your figure?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    for me siguro 40 to 50K a month is decent enough. I only have a kid ang gastos talaga is dun sa pagaaral, tuition baon etc. Depende rin sa lifestyle, pero diba as ur salary increases so is ur lifestyle. Kahit pano mo kontrolin subconciously ur lifestyle will change, pero kahit pano try to contain pa rin

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Average Monthly Salary for a Decent Living