New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    totoo ba na mas malaki ang kita sa car accessories/detailing kesa sa talyer?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I need also an opinion on this....I recently graduated from college last May 5, with a degree course in business studies, right away after that I applied on a car dealership (Hyundai) near our place and I was hired (currently working on my requirments na so that I can start) ok lang ba to as first job? or there's anything you can recommend? Well, gusto ko rin naman kasi to since I also have interest in automotive and also I took a technical course in automotive years ago.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Hyundai what branch? And what department? Sales or service?

Yeah, its a good starter job. At least you're earning your keep. Try to look for greener pastures though.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    IMHO, hyundai ok lang na first job but I would seriously go for Toyota honda companies. They hold more relevance sa corporate world.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zap.FREEDOM View Post
    I need also an opinion on this....I recently graduated from college last May 5, with a degree course in business studies, right away after that I applied on a car dealership (Hyundai) near our place and I was hired (currently working on my requirments na so that I can start) ok lang ba to as first job? or there's anything you can recommend? Well, gusto ko rin naman kasi to since I also have interest in automotive and also I took a technical course in automotive years ago.
    What job?
    Also, if you dont mind, could you also share pay details and perks? Just so I have a concrete idea of the possible roles. Kahit PM nalang. Thanks!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

6. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Sell mags. You will be rich. Look at the fb posts of bluline car accessories in banawe. Hole in the wall. But he probably nets 1m a month on mags alone. Thats net not gross. Look how much business he brings in. Im one of his customers

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    Sell mags. You will be rich. Look at the fb posts of bluline car accessories in banawe. Hole in the wall. But he probably nets 1m a month on mags alone. Thats net not gross. Look how much business he brings in. Im one of his customers

Around how much is the capital to start this? Am thinking malaki rin exposure niya since those rims aren't on consignment.

I don't have any capital yet so I'm thinking of starting small first..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    His shop doesnt look even remotely extravagant so it should be reasonable. But he markets himself very well and gets customers everyday. He sells at least two sets of mags a day. If he makes 20k net per sale (reasonable considering retail margins are roughly 30% and these mags sell 80k plus)m that means he makes 40k net a day multiplied by around 25 days......you get the picture.

His marketing is very effective. Search for his shop in facebook.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Hyundai what branch? And what department? Sales or service?

Yeah, its a good starter job. At least you're earning your keep. Try to look for greener pastures though.
    Sir Benz, they will place me on sales dept. sa parts & accessories division...mukhang dun nila muna ako susubukan/mag-excel kung paano imamarket ang matamlay nilang accessories, but they do not hinder me if I want to sell a "unit" basta wag ko lang daw yun pababayaan yung inaassign sakin na ipabenta....but the service manager also suggesting that I can also be fit for service dept. because I had a Tesda Certification for Automotive Servicing and its a +. sa monday ko pa malalaman since dun pala po ang orientation ko.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    What job?
    Also, if you dont mind, could you also share pay details and perks? Just so I have a concrete idea of the possible roles. Kahit PM nalang. Thanks!

Sales dept. sir,

sa ngayon sir, blanko pa ako, wala akong ideya kung ano perks and pay details....I just give you a tip sir right away after my orientation....pero sabi nung bago kong nakilala don sa branch na yun e, maliit lang daw ang kitaan though decent, ok siya kung magpapa-experience ka...well, isa rin muna yun sa habol ko--to gain experience...

Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    IMHO, hyundai ok lang na first job but I would seriously go for Toyota honda companies. They hold more relevance sa corporate world.
    sumubok din ako mag-apply dyan sir, Toyota Alabang pero mukhang walang nangyari...I submitted my resume, filled up the application form and answer the essay questions..sabi tatawag daw after couple of days for interview but almost one week lumipas na wala naman tumawag.....I feel like their opting for those who have background/experience in sales though fresh graduates are welcome to apply.
    Last edited by zap.FREEDOM; May 29th, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    If you want to get into this kind of business, kailangan mo ng malaking capital sa una kasi walang magrisk mag consignment ng product sayo kung wala ka pang pangalan.

I think in the near future, mag invest ako sa motorcycle accessories, mas mura and fast moving ang items, maliit rin lang ang volume so di mo kailangan ng malakihang bodega for a start up, mas kaya mo pa ibaba ang presyo kung wala kang rent sa lugar.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Automotive Industry - is it worth shifting into?