New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As with most of you guys, I'm a self-professed car enthusiast. As early as I can remember, I've always loved cars. Naturally, it got me thinking, what if I pursue a career in the automotive industry?

Am currently on my first job, working in the petroleum industry. I'm pondering the idea of shifting towards the automotive sector. Is it worth it?

I presume that it'll be a more enjoyable job (even the thought of selling cars seems interesting). I also get exposed to more fields in the industry as well, which would help me build experience and connections which could prove beneficial if I decide to pursue an automotive-related business in the future.

Drawbacks - of course, much lower pay. I also lose all my perks. And I don't think that they would let me handle as huge a chunk of their business as I do now. Lastly, I've heard from friends working in other companies that our company culture, though still flawed, is already one of the better ones. I don't know how the culture is for local automotive companies.

What do you guys think? Appreciate any advice on this. Thanks!

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    All industries are good and worth shifting if this is your fiels of expertise.

Just to give you an example, I took up bsme in college and had the same concern as yours - since during that time I can also call my self enthusiast in the modern pc technology. I begin my hobby using a 286 system early 90's to 386 up to core i4/i7 systems nowadays.

I am not rich, I am not yet big time, I am not yet a senior executive level but my question is,

Do you think that I will have the same success as what I have now if I chose the path of being a computer hobbyist?

My take is a no, and I might be one of the DOTA boy until this time just using an i7.

So sometimes, people tend to be mixed up with their hobbies and realities in life.

Focus on realities, sometimes hindi porket magaling ka magluto pwede ka nang magtayo ng catering business, chicboy, and the likes.

Although, if you have a good back up plan (I.e. your parents is still willing to compensate you and/or still providing). Why not try to be a little adventurous.

Hope this will help.

Last edited by brainmafia_310; May 14th, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nope! don't waste your time, payaman ka na lang diyan sa trabaho mo then just fund your passion

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Pwede get toyota or Honda dealer or franchise.... Location nalang sure win na yan...

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are thinking of selling cars, just to tell you.

maliit ang basic.
    10k ang commission per unit.
    may onting allowance.. below 3k ata per month.

why? its because the dealers also buy the cars from the manufacturers.... put in a small mark-up and sell. if they put in a bigger markup, masisira ang market price. so that is why dealers make money on parts and PMS. dun sa small markup kinikuha ang compensation mo and yung commission mo.

based on a friend who works as a vehicle salesman sa toyota, sa cousin ko who is the sales manager of honda the fort and a friend who works in isuzu alabang.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    currently working at one of the biggest toyota dealership
    here in au...walang pera sa autoindustry..

Last edited by ozcity; May 14th, 2014 at 11:48 AM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    di naman kailangan gawing career ang hilig

magpakayaman ka sa ibang industriya para mapondohan ang iyong hilig

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the inputs guys.

Ako kasi philosophy ko, I should enjoy the work I do because I spend majority of my waking hours at work. I enjoy my work naman ngayon but naisip ko kasi baka mas fun when you're working with cars.

Naisip ko rin na wala talagang pera as a salesman in the auto industry, but perhaps in upper management mas lucrative?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Walang pera sa sales ng auto industry....? Direct import ka....

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    smuggling cars marami pera

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Automotive Industry - is it worth shifting into?