New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    __________________________________________________ ____________________
    Last edited by uls; May 3rd, 2011 at 11:36 AM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    One good thing that's also worth to do is start of with cheap engine oils, oil filters, spark plugs etc. first. Don't put everything on a shop first, advertise everything on the internet. Sign up on any random group sites that you bump into. Advertise then meet the buyers personally & sell them your products.

Seller-meets-buyer method. Like those who sell in sulit. Then, when you think you have made enough customers already - can be easy by looking at your average sales per month then that's the only time you look for a small yet accessible place. Para you can encourage your customers to just go to your shop & buy whatever they need there. BUT, don't loose the option to have the products shipped or picked up by meeting up personally. With that you can be labeled as trustworthy then everything will be history ...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    Definitely I won't be buying at those prices. I have to find the cheap ones or try buying damaged ones from insurance companies. I've seen AE92 selling for a lot less than 100k.

Lets play around here. If you get to buy a car and sold it for parts, what can you get out of the car? I guess here is a list of the things you can get:

Headlights Tailights Bumpers Grill Engine Transmission Suspension x 4
    Doors x 4 Hood Trunk Wheels x 4 Windshield x 2 Glass windows x 4 Side mirrors x 2 Fenders x 4 Dash Seats

Here I mentioned 34 separate parts, and say if we sell them at a median price of P2000 for each part. That's 68k right there. And we still have some other auxiliary items such as wiper motors, radiators, chrome trimmings, hydrovac, etc.

I saw a boxtype selling for 25k. I was wondering if parts would fly off the shelf if I started out with this model.It would also be nice if you could post each part in the inventory in a website for customers to see, similar to what they do in other countries.

Darn, starting a business is just like gambling. You may squander your hard earned money away.
    sige good luck

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    like what i said before. pahabaan ng pisi sa negosyo(kahuyan) na yan.

eto TS may auto supply

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    like what i said before. pahabaan ng pisi sa negosyo(kahuyan) na yan.
    So sa palagay mo, mahina ang demand nito?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i know people who have made a fortune in the used engines/parts business

either they imported used engines/parts or they bought from importers then later on became importers themselves

if their business model was to source parts locally from insurance companies and the local used car market, they would have never made a fortune. there's not enough supply. how many cars can you buy from insurance companies in a month? how many used cars can you buy at prices far below market value in a month?

how many people have already thought of that (buying cars from insurance companies, local used car market) and are already implementing that idea?

like i said, the only way you can make a lot of money from selling parts taken from local used cars is if you stole the cars
    Last edited by uls; May 3rd, 2011 at 12:38 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    One good thing that's also worth to do is start of with cheap engine oils, oil filters, spark plugs etc. first. Don't put everything on a shop first, advertise everything on the internet. Sign up on any random group sites that you bump into. Advertise then meet the buyers personally & sell them your products.

Seller-meets-buyer method. Like those who sell in sulit. Then, when you think you have made enough customers already - can be easy by looking at your average sales per month then that's the only time you look for a small yet accessible place. Para you can encourage your customers to just go to your shop & buy whatever they need there. BUT, don't loose the option to have the products shipped or picked up by meeting up personally. With that you can be labeled as trustworthy then everything will be history ...
    *uls, tingin mo pwede 'to ? Despite the numerous engine oil sellers out there sa internet ? Will this " click " ? Kunwari sama ka pa ng spark plugs, oil filters, etc. ?

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    sell motor oil by meet up?

people can buy motor oil anywhere. gas stations, auto supply. why would people meet up to buy motor oil?

unless your motor oil is unique and can't be found anywhere
    Last edited by uls; May 5th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i agree with ULS here. medyo mahirap benta oil or break down a car and sell parts.

but kung makakuha ka supplier that can price it really low, get royal purple, motul, toyota or honda orig oils, etc. usually cash basis sa supplier muna bago mag30-60-90 days. medyo tulog pera pero ok lang para makilala.

sa car parts naman, dati i bought a b18c and tor in down. kumita nga ako pero ang mahirap, since maliit budget ko, tagal ng balik. siguro tiis sa paunti unit para makilala muna.

its a doable business pero tiis to get your investment back.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    and you need a real shop

and you can't survive on just retailing motor oil, oil filters and spark plugs

you gotta have high value goods. your main business (if you're in the auto parts business) should be the high value parts. motor oil, filters are just side businesses

if you really wanna make money in lubricants, be the importer/distributor

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Auto Supply Business?