New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    then post mo muna dito sa tsikot ung parts na nakuha para mauna kami makakuha, tapos may discount. hehehe.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    OP...I suggest you sell JDM stuff. More 20v Toyotas, please!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What about this idea that I got from a Wheeler Dealers episode?

I buy old cars and break them up for parts. He said you could get 3 times the value of the original car for that. I was thinking of specializing on a particular brand or model, either:

- Nissan B13 and B14
    - Toyota AE92 and AE101
    - Lancer Boxtypes
    - Chevy Optra (them being rare, used parts may be in demand)

So far yan pa lang nasa isip ko na could be in demand. I still have no idea if this kind of business is very popular in Banaue and it might be useless to compete with these guys.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post

I buy old cars and break them up for parts. He said you could get 3 times the value of the original car for that. I was thinking of specializing on a particular brand or model, either:

- Nissan B13 and B14
    - Toyota AE92 and AE101
    - Lancer Boxtypes

So far yan pa lang nasa isip ko na could be in demand. I still have no idea if this kind of business is very popular in Banaue and it might be useless to compete with these guys.

Wheeler Dealers don't have to compete with imported surplus parts from Japan.

Its a good idea though but your initial investment might be high as you would need to buy a number of units to start your initial "inventory of parts". Plus a place (warehouse of sorts) to store them properly and a mechanic or two to help you break down the cars.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 3rd, 2011 at 10:06 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Wheeler Dealers don't have to compete with imported surplus parts from Japan.

Its a good idea though but your initial investment might be high as you would need to buy a number of units to start your initial "inventory of parts". Plus a place (warehouse of sorts) to store them properly and a mechanic or two to help you break down the cars.
    Yes, but probably I could get away by buying them cheap and selling them cheap as well. As they said in the show, its a cottage industry.

I got a small place to keep the parts, good enough for 2 cars I guess, and post my inventory on the internet. Hmmm. Isip isip.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    medyo tulog lang ang pera lalo na wala ka sa vicinity ng banawe or evangilista. kahit benta mo cheap kung di dayuhin ang place mo talo ka.
    kahit mga surplusan ginawa dati yan nung biglang bumaba dollar. lugi sila instead benta nila rebuilt ang mga truck/suv, kinahoy nila para mas mabawi yung puhunan. problema lang talaga tulog ang pera mo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I was also contemplating on just auto parts like oil filters, fuel filters, air filters, Oil catch can, and other accesories that will be more of beneficial rather than aesthetics. Dami ko kasi natutunana dito sa tsikot. Like Fleetguard and baldwin being so good but not as expensive as OEM and competitive with Vic, puwesto na lang kelangan eh. OCC being one of the excellent things to do to help the engine and other stuff. I'd really like to help Filipino's maintain a good car para iwas accident na rin, and c=expensive repairs.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post

- Nissan B13 and B14
    - Toyota AE92 and AE101
    - Lancer Boxtypes

if people can make more money selling those cars you mentioned for parts rather than whole, everybody would be doing it already

the only way you can make money selling those cars for parts is if you stole the cars

how much would an AE92 cost? P100,000?

how much can you get for the engine and tranny?

how much can you get for the underchassis parts? the wheels and tires?

how much for the dashboard/panel gauge? the doors? the seats? the headlights, tail lights, etc

can you get even get P50,000 total?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    if people can make more money selling those cars you mentioned for parts rather than whole, everybody would be doing it already

the only way you can make money selling those cars for parts is if you stole the cars

how much would an AE92 cost? P100,000?

how much can you get for the engine and tranny?

how much can you get for the underchassis parts? the wheels and tires?

how much for the dashboard/panel gauge? the doors? the seats? the headlights, tail lights, etc

can you get even get P50,000 total?
    Definitely I won't be buying at those prices. I have to find the cheap ones or try buying damaged ones from insurance companies. I've seen AE92 selling for a lot less than 100k.

Lets play around here. If you get to buy a car and sold it for parts, what can you get out of the car? I guess here is a list of the things you can get:

Headlights Tailights Bumpers Grill Engine Transmission Suspension x 4
    Doors x 4 Hood Trunk Wheels x 4 Windshield x 2 Glass windows x 4 Side mirrors x 2 Fenders x 4 Dash Seats

Here I mentioned 34 separate parts, and say if we sell them at a median price of P2000 for each part. That's 68k right there. And we still have some other auxiliary items such as wiper motors, radiators, chrome trimmings, hydrovac, etc.

I saw a boxtype selling for 25k. I was wondering if parts would fly off the shelf if I started out with this model.It would also be nice if you could post each part in the inventory in a website for customers to see, similar to what they do in other countries.

Darn, starting a business is just like gambling. You may squander your hard earned money away.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    like what i said before. pahabaan ng pisi sa negosyo(kahuyan) na yan.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Auto Supply Business?