New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Baka abutin ka ng siyam siyam nyan, malayong bumalik ng 51 ang USD agad Amazon Shopping Philippines

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just bought from Amazon.com. $30 discount for min of $100 purchased and free shipping using Citibank CC. Exchange rate was Php58.34
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Bought 4k blu rays from Amazon. Came 2 weeks delivered to your address. Sulit yung free shipping and 30 USD off since it's like 30% off minimum single purchase of 100 USD... and pwede multiple transactions. Only bad thing is walang free shipping if yung items is on sale like sa black friday...

Just tried to use this discount code but cannot be applied to my purchase daw.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    Waaahhh. I have an item in my shopping cart worth $193 and, at current exchange rates, it just breached the Php10K level. For this I am charged Import Fees Deposit of $111. Grabe ang laki ng IFD.

Puede ko ding hihintayin nalang na gaganda ang exchange rate para bababa ito to less than Php10K at sayang din yun $111 na hindi sigurado kung ma re-refund ka pa nito.
    Kapag north of 10k matic i use a forwarder. Don't wanna risk the "bulaga" on taxes.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Kapag north of 10k matic i use a forwarder. Don't wanna risk the "bulaga" on taxes.

What do you mean "use a forwarder?" Do you have the order shipped to a US address then yung US address ang mag ship sa iyo?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    What do you mean "use a forwarder?" Do you have the order shipped to a US address then yung US address ang mag ship sa iyo?
    Yes. Here's an example. Last month I bought a watch from Jomashop. It was both of 10k so instead of having it sent to me directly, i sent it to the Portland address of the forwarder i use. In this case is called Buyandship. From there they send it to their Hong Kong hub ready for consolidation, checking, weighing and payment. You'll get a notification for that. My order was just over a pound in weight so they found it off and paid for 2 lbs. From there i waited for about 5 days and the item is delivered to my home. No additional taxes or anything.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    Yes. Here's an example. Last month I bought a watch from Jomashop. It was both of 10k so instead of having it sent to me directly, i sent it to the Portland address of the forwarder i use. In this case is called Buyandship. From there they send it to their Hong Kong hub ready for consolidation, checking, weighing and payment. You'll get a notification for that. My order was just over a pound in weight so they found it off and paid for 2 lbs. From there i waited for about 5 days and the item is delivered to my home. No additional taxes or anything.

How did you arrange this with the forwarder?

Nice and helpful tip

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    There are lots of different forwarders like Kango Express, Buy N Ship, and Shipping Cart

They all have guides in their website but the gist is they have a warehouse in another country, such as the US, then you can ship the item to that warehouse and they will consolidate it and ship it to the Philippines.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    How did you arrange this with the forwarder?

Nice and helpful tip
    Just as viper mentioned, the different forwarders have guides and tutorials. It may sound complicated at first since you're not used to the process but it's really not, once you give it a try. In my case, first step is to sign up with a forwarder. That way you can monitor your purchases. Then choose which of the different warehouses you'll use as the shipping address when you make a purchase. So let's say you buy in Amazon. You can use the Portland address. When you get the tracking number from Amazon, you input that with the forwarder so they know it's yours. Several days go by and next notice you'll get is it has been received then sent over to the Hong Kong hub. When it's there and it's just one parcel, you can now pay the forwarder then just wait a few days for delivery. If your delivery is several parcels, then just wait for them to all arrive in HK then the forwarder will consolidate and weigh everything and then you can settle payment. After that it's the same that you just wait a few days for delivery. If you'd like to try it out i can assist you. I'm not connected with them, just a using their services.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang maganda sa mga shipping forwarders mentioned above, their warehouses are located in tax free states. So all purchases won’t be taxed by Uncle Sam.
    Signature

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast