New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Has anyone here tried this? How was the experience?

Ships to the Philippines (free shipping now) but pricing is US$ denominated plus may deposit for import duties pero refundable naman daw ito kung wala o kung sobra ang deposit.

Some items I want to get are here and not in Lazada or Shopee. Plus, siguro mas kumpyansa ka na genuine yung item and not some "same/similar branded overruns." I am very tempted to try but would like to get feedback first

P.S. I am not sure kung may thread na nito. Kung mayroon man paki merge nalang mga mods

2. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post
    I did. Small item, USD50 only, spare part for my drum. Took two weeks. No extra customs payment. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong item. So I scheduled a return/replacement. Amazon sent me a return label and instructions. Called DHL to pick up, then they came the next day. January pa ang scheduled arrival of replacement.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    I did. Small item, USD50 only, spare part for my drum. Took two weeks. No extra customs payment. Unfortunately, they sent the wrong item. So I scheduled a return/replacement. Amazon sent me a return label and instructions. Called DHL to pick up, then they came the next day. January pa ang scheduled arrival of replacement.
    Would you know anong exchange rate ang gagamitin nila? Will it be the Php:US$ exchange rate at the time you click order kaya?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Would you know anong exchange rate ang gagamitin nila? Will it be the Php:US$ exchange rate at the time you click order kaya?
    I ordered Nov 11. Item cost USD49. In pesos was PhP2,925.98. That means Amazon used exchange rate of 59.71. Official BSP exchange rate on that day closed at 58.12.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    I ordered Nov 11. Item cost USD49. In pesos was PhP2,925.98. That means Amazon used exchange rate of 59.71. Official BSP exchange rate on that day closed at 58.12.
    Looks like dehado tayo sa exchange rate.

But then again, these are for items we can't get on other online shopping sites or can't ask a kababayan to buy and bring it home.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Never use Amazon rate. I've been buying from Amazon since the mid 2000s, I always pay in USD using my local credit card. The rates are much better.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bought 4k blu rays from Amazon. Came 2 weeks delivered to your address. Sulit yung free shipping and 30 USD off since it's like 30% off minimum single purchase of 100 USD... and pwede multiple transactions. Only bad thing is walang free shipping if yung items is on sale like sa black friday...

Last edited by Monseratto; November 25th, 2022 at 07:59 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    BTW there is a 20% off if you use a BDO Credit Card now in Amazon

Code is BDODEALS20

Last mile delivery courier is LBC or Ninjavan

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004

Ships to the Philippines (free shipping now) but pricing is US$ denominated plus may deposit for import duties pero refundable naman daw ito kung wala o kung sobra ang deposit.

Some items I want to get are here and not in Lazada or Shopee. Plus, siguro mas kumpyansa ka na genuine yung item and not some "same/similar branded overruns." I am very tempted to try but would like to get feedback first

P.S. I am not sure kung may thread na nito. Kung mayroon man paki merge nalang mga mods
    On my third order now. Made sure all 3 are below 10k each so I don't need to pay extra taxes. First two orders took exactly 11 days to arrive at my doorstep. Third one I just ordered today so I'm hoping it's still the same. After this though if I need to get more I'll buy next year and let the Christmas rush pass first.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
    On my third order now. Made sure all 3 are below 10k each so I don't need to pay extra taxes. First two orders took exactly 11 days to arrive at my doorstep. Third one I just ordered today so I'm hoping it's still the same. After this though if I need to get more I'll buy next year and let the Christmas rush pass first.
    Waaahhh. I have an item in my shopping cart worth $193 and, at current exchange rates, it just breached the Php10K level. For this I am charged Import Fees Deposit of $111. Grabe ang laki ng IFD.

Puede ko ding hihintayin nalang na gaganda ang exchange rate para bababa ito to less than Php10K at sayang din yun $111 na hindi sigurado kung ma re-refund ka pa nito.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast