New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I think that is what I have, and enforcers are quite "cooperative" once they see the camera. I'm planning to have a "cleaner looking" camera, but I might lose the "cooperative effect"... I'm really torn between the two.
    Kotong cop in BGC tried to give me a ticket for allegedly beating the red light. I showed him the dashcam footage clearly showing that the light turned orange while I was already in the middle of the intersection.

I use a discreet dashcam (Mini 0805) but wala naman issue with enforcers. Pag hinuli ka na wala sa lugar, I just show them the footage. I'm really not a fan of Transcend dashcams because they're so bulky.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Kotong cop in BGC tried to give me a ticket for allegedly beating the red light. I showed him the dashcam footage clearly showing that the light turned orange while I was already in the middle of the intersection.

I use a discreet dashcam (Mini 0805) but wala naman issue with enforcers. Pag hinuli ka na wala sa lugar, I just show them the footage. I'm really not a fan of Transcend dashcams because they're so bulky.

Silly question, Traffic enforcer or real cop?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    Silly question, Traffic enforcer or real cop?

Traffic enforcer sa BGC.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Agree about bulkiness bro but it eventually grew on me. I like it for its quality and functionality. Remember I experienced the battery bloating on my SJ6 when I used it as a dashcam? I sticked to trasncend after that incident. Though SJs are not meant to be used as dashcam in the first place.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Agree about bulkiness bro but it eventually grew on me. I like it for its quality and functionality. Remember I experienced the battery bloating on my SJ6 when I used it as a dashcam? I sticked to trasncend after that incident. Though SJs are not meant to be used as dashcam in the first place.

Yeah yung SJ4000 ko rin nagbloat yung battery when used as dashcam. But it lasted me over 2 years so no complaints.

I still gravitate towards discreet dashcams though, ayokong kita siya eh. Qube A7 for the Mazda, Mini 0805 for the Civic, Mini 0906 for the CRV. All hidden behind the rear view mirror. Transcend DrivePro 230 Dashcam Review

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Traffic enforcer sa BGC.

Asking coz, cops dont stop cars like that, very seldom, like what happened to me near sky way ramp near buendia a decade ago..i ran a red light...cost me 500 which was big at the time..

7. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Bro, are you concern about the cables? Have you tried to hide it in the overhead liner? That is what I did with mine and ran it under the seats. It is a bonus that the forrester has an extra cig lighter under the arm console where I connected the dashcam.

No problems about cables, it is well hidden. I'm thinking more of discreet dashcam.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2017

Yes, Transcend dashcam is bulky. That's the reason why I wanted to shift to a discreet one. I'll ask those OVT guys about a 360 view if possible. I just don't know how they will install it. I want it well hidden as much as possible.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Yes, Transcend dashcam is bulky. That's the reason why I wanted to shift to a discreet one. I'll ask those OVT guys about a 360 view if possible. I just don't know how they will install it. I want it well hidden as much as possible.
    I just DIY'd all my dashcams. It doesn't require any splicing or cutting or whatever, just tucking the wires neatly in your car.

Front:

Rear:

Clean dashboard (no exposed wires):

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    I just DIY'd all my dashcams. It doesn't require any splicing or cutting or whatever, just tucking the wires neatly in your car.

Front:

Rear:

Clean dashboard (no exposed wires):

Thank you for the reference. I'm thinking of a dual lens or something similar. I've seen one, from China I think, very discreet, sized like one peso coin. I just can't find it anymore.

If I can't find one, I might get a camera like yours but two so that it is possible to position it indoor one facing the driver's window and the other to passenger side. I just have to figure it out so that the smaller lens inside will look like OEM.

If I may quote,

Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    "Arte naman nito" .

And I have to agree as it really describes me.
    Transcend DrivePro 230 Dashcam Review

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast