New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jmpet626 View Post
    Just got this DP230 coming from my DP220. Napansin ko lang not working yung auto screen shutoff if active ang speed alarm and forward collision warning sa DP230. Before sa DP220 pwede ka mag set ng auto screen shutoff after X seconds while speed alarm and FCW enabled.

Also sa video screen ng dash cam wala pa yung GPS coordinates sa DP230, nasa main video file siya sa SD Card naka overlay. Sa DP220 kasi you can see the GPS coordinates sa video screen.

updated firmware?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    I have the same brand but I think we have different models. I had mine done by an expert as I don't want to see wires exposed as much as possible.

And the wire that I use to charge my phone is exposed and there's nothing I can do to hide it, much to my annoyance that it made a scratch​ to the piano black finish.
    Ok na, had mine wired thru the fuse box by an expert as well. No more hindrance in the lighter port as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nixce View Post
    Ok na, had mine wired thru the fuse box by an expert as well. No more hindrance in the lighter port as well.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your ride as well as the funny videos you'll catch soon.

EDIT: I'm really not good with DIY, but I'd like to try one day about this piggyback fuse thing.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your ride as well as the funny videos you'll catch soon.
    Was able to use it this saturday! May sumingit sa inantay namin na parking. Hahaha! Natakot nung snbi na may dashcam kame, nung una nakikipag debate pa, atras din sya. Goodthing good mood ako, i was calm!

5. Join Date
    Feb 2017

EDIT: I'm really not good with DIY, but I'd like to try one day about this piggyback fuse thing.
    If you buy the hardwire kit, 990 yata cost nya, 150 lang nagastos ko haha yung lighter kit padin ginamit nya, connected it sa fuse. Safe naman malinis pagkaka gawa, i checked the whole process, he used wire connectors and addtl fuse. Hehe

6. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by nixce View Post
    Was able to use it this saturday! May sumingit sa inantay namin na parking. Hahaha! Natakot nung snbi na may dashcam kame, nung una nakikipag debate pa, atras din sya. Goodthing good mood ako, i was calm!
    It is always a good thing to be calm, backed up by the camera.
    [emoji1]

So I've read somewhere that we are "not to return​ insult with insult". However, this is easier said than done. Good thing with a camera that once you review it, you'll find it funny sometimes that we tend to argue over small matters that has no lasting effect.

Is your camera equipped with microphone? I have one that has and most often than not, I forget about this. Whenever we review it, we would laugh at some silly comments that we have made along the way.

Have a safe journey, always.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    It is always a good thing to be calm, backed up by the camera.
    [emoji1]

So I've read somewhere that we are "not to return​ insult with insult". However, this is easier said than done. Good thing with a camera that once you review it, you'll find it funny sometimes that we tend to argue over small matters that has no lasting effect.

Is your camera equipped with microphone? I have one that has and most often than not, I forget about this. Whenever we review it, we would laugh at some silly comments that we have made along the way.

Have a safe journey, always.
    Yep! Microphone is turned on! Hehe im using this specific drivepro 230 [emoji4] and yes! Whenever i get random videos, I always hear the topic food for every 3/5 videos hahaha!

Yah! Have a safe trip as always sir! And a good one!

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I finally ordered the Transcend 520 for the wife as she wants the dual lens for added security. Takot sa mga kutong enforcers.

Will use her DP220 na lang as rear dash cam. Good thing the forrester has a 12V outlet sa boot.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    I finally ordered the Transcend 520 for the wife as she wants the dual lens for added security. Takot sa mga kutong enforcers.

Will use her DP220 na lang as rear dash cam. Good thing the forrester has a 12V outlet sa boot.

I think that is what I have, and enforcers are quite "cooperative" once they see the camera. I'm planning to have a "cleaner looking" camera, but I might lose the "cooperative effect"... I'm really torn between the two.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think that is what I have, and enforcers are quite "cooperative" once they see the camera. I'm planning to have a "cleaner looking" camera, but I might lose the "cooperative effect"... I'm really torn between the two.
    Bro, are you concern about the cables? Have you tried to hide it in the overhead liner? That is what I did with mine and ran it under the seats. It is a bonus that the forrester has an extra cig lighter under the arm console where I connected the dashcam.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast