New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ako rin, i buckle up kahit 'round the block lang. i once tried driving to the gas station sa labasan namin, which was about 500m away, without buckling...i felt super praning and a bit shaky when i got to petron. i'll never do it again.

OT: otep, san ka nakabili ng tow cable? i went to concorde sa virra mall 3 days ago, the tow cable they were selling didn't look like it could pull a pajero (minimum load).

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Ako nga bago pa magstart e seatbelt muna. hehe! ang ayaw ko lang yung mga 2-pt. seatbelt (yung parang sa mga eroplano). Yung nakakamatay yun. May nagkwento sakin minsan, nakasakay sa gitna ng VERSA L300, yung stomach belt ang gamit niya...frontal collision, labas lahat ng bituka niya dahil sa seatbelt...cause of death..?

Kahit sa mga sedan, sa likod, yung gitna dapat 3-pt. seatbelt ang standard.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Lapbelts are still better than no belts. Just make sure they wrap snugly around your pelvis. Kung maluwag siya, yes it can go up to the level of the abdomen.

AFAIK, 3pt belts ang L300 sa harap (no belts sa likod). Recently lang nagkaron ng ELR (retractor) ang L300. Halos lahat ng nasa daan ay manual type ang adjustment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    seatbelts and child seats are very very important, to be sure.

but you know what is so completely unsafe and irresponsible, yet i hear it discussed so casually and accepted on this forum?

[size=4]DRINKING AND DRIVING[/size]

totally agree with this!

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    [size="5"]Driving Too Slow Is As Dangerous As Over Speeding. Always maintain a safe driving speed & distance.[/size]

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hwow... where to start?

RE: Drinking and Driving. This has always been my number one pet peeve. That's why I'm always the designated driver when I go out with my friends, as I never have more than a Coke Light and chips.

I actually broke that rule only once, and I still regret it to this day.

It pays to be O.C. about safety, never let anything slide, never relax your child seat rule, your seatbelt rule, never forget to check your tires in the morning. If you skimp on your safety rules just once and something happens, you'll never be able to forgive yourself.

-----

On the road, drive as defensively as possible. Keep the distance between yourself and the car in front of you at two to three car lengths. If you are not planning to overtake, maintain a constant speed behind them.

If you cannot see the next two cars in front of the car in front of you, you are TOO close. Hence, behind a tall truck, you may have to back off even further.

Use your mirrors and your windows to spot openings in traffic, overtaking speeders and possible situations. Always have an escape plan, and always have a way out.

Never EVER change lanes without a reason, and NEVER without signalling.

Never ACCELERATE to defend a spot that someone is merging into. If you leave three car lengths and someone merges into that, let them.

Your flashers and horn are signalling devices, not weapons. Use them as such.

And finally, if you feel the road rage coming on? Go have a snack. Sit it out and wait a while, have a smoke or some chips.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    [size="5"]Driving Too Slow Is As Dangerous As Over Speeding. Always maintain a safe driving speed & distance.[/size]
    natandaan ko tuloy yung isang episode ng friends... rachel (correct the spelling if i'm wrong) and ross driving a porsche... over-speeding c rachel... got out of the violation by "seducing" the officer. tapos nung si ross na nag-drive, sobrang bagal naman. tapos he was pulled over by an officer. nagulat siya for the violation of driving too slow. then he made exactly the same "seduction" done by rachel earlier. just hilarious. just trying to lighten the tsikoteers up. peace.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    It's still best to "stay with the flow" of the traffic..not slow down or speed up.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    sa highway driving, i always follow the 3-second rule..

dito kahit 60 or 100kph ang takbo ko, dapat not less than 3 seconds ang distance ko sa sinusundan ko... unless i need to overtake..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    RE: drinking and driving...naalala ko tuloy yung uncle ko na nagsabi na mas magaling siyang mag-drive pag nakainom...hayun RIP na pero hindi sa aksidente...kundi sa sobrang inom...kidney failure.

don't drink and drive...madaling sabihin pero pag nakainom na...wala ng pakialam at di na naalala ito...

ano nga ba ang reference pag uminom ang isang tao para wag ng mag drive? pag 2 bottles of beer or 2 shots of liquor ay dapat di na pwede?

or para mas safe kahit 1 lang ay di na pwede?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Safety