New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I have a 2 year old VIPER 350HV, it's been working well, but recently, I find that the remote doesn't work sometimes. I guess it happens if you drop the remote once in a while. Now, I tried changing its battery, same problem. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't, i have to press the button hard. Now, I tried the second remote, the one I kept in a drawer as a spare. It doesn't work at all! How do I pair it with my system? My manual says I have to train it by pressing the program key, but I don't think it was installed.

Please help. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Pre san mo nabili VIPER alarm mo wala kasi ako makita yan ba yun nagsasalita "stand back this is protected by viper alarm" magkano? Type ko kasi talaga yan. Tnx! 09267003468 09205209689 CRIZ BIGBOARBIKERS

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chrischu888 View Post
    I have a 2 year old VIPER 350HV, it's been working well, but recently, I find that the remote doesn't work sometimes. I guess it happens if you drop the remote once in a while. Now, I tried changing its battery, same problem. Sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't, i have to press the button hard. Now, I tried the second remote, the one I kept in a drawer as a spare. It doesn't work at all! How do I pair it with my system? My manual says I have to train it by pressing the program key, but I don't think it was installed.

Please help. Thanks!
    Remote#1 - If the other button(s) work fine, the problem could be the specific switch you're pressing. The switch used (microswitch) is similar to the ones used in computer mice. These things go bad all the time and the only way around it is to have it replaced. Spend a few bucks on a new switch (most electronics shops have them) and several minutes with a soldering iron and that should bring it back to shape.

If either buttons work intermittently, it could be that the battery is loose or there is corrosion on the contacts.

Remote#2 - You either need to reprogram it or try the battery from Remote#1.

Problem with remote of my Viper 350HV