New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    one of my park lights is OE incandescent. the other is LED.
    eminently logical... once you hear the background story.
    So what happened to the other LED, doc?Lights Compatibility Issue

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    So what happened to the other LED, doc?Lights Compatibility Issue

my bulbs were OEM.
    but my right one kept getting busted. i attributed it to excessive vibration.
    when i was buying replacements, the counter guy show me his new arrival LEDs. i thought, mebbe these leds would be more vibration-resistant than the filament-ed ones.
    i bought a pair, and replaced both park lights with them.
    after a few months, the left one started flickering intermittently.
    i replaced it with my standby OE bulb.
    i am now waiting for which one will go bad, next.
    i already have several different-model replacements to choose from, "when the time comes."

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Just remember heat produced by traditional bulbs helps in misty situation

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    my bulbs were OEM.
    when i was buying replacements, the counter guy show me his new arrival LEDs. i thought, mebbe these leds would be more vibration-resistant than the filament-ed ones.
    i already have several different-model replacements to choose from, "when the time comes."
    I'll await your long term reviews on each, doc. Thanks!Lights Compatibility Issue

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Just remember heat produced by traditional bulbs helps in misty situation

TrueLights Compatibility Issue

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I'll await your long term reviews on each, doc. Thanks!Lights Compatibility Issue

matutupad.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    my bulbs were OEM.
    What brand? I’d stick with Philips or Osram and avoid obscure generic LEDs. They are more expensive but are a lot more reliable in my experience.

After using LED bulbs, I believe they are an essential upgrade over halogens. Safety wise, people seem to notice you better, mas napapansin nila ang white light compared sa yellow light ng halogen. LEDs are also ok during rainy nights in my experience. I also don’t blind people because the cut off is similar to halogens. It also doesn’t produce too much heat which I believe will help preserve the headlight lens.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    What brand? I’d stick with Philips or Osram and avoid obscure generic LEDs. They are more expensive but are a lot more reliable in my experience.

After using LED bulbs, I believe they are an essential upgrade over halogens. Safety wise, people seem to notice you better, mas napapansin nila ang white light compared sa yellow light ng halogen. LEDs are also ok during rainy nights in my experience. I also don’t blind people because the cut off is similar to halogens. It also doesn’t produce too much heat which I believe will help preserve the headlight lens.
    I do agree on staying Philips, Osram, Sylvania, increased safety w/ the raised brightness. Colorwise, I prefer yellows as, from experience, whites can be self-blinding bouncing off fog.... & my route often sees that. After all the trials, I'm fine w/ OE...as our designated dailies aren't tinted.
    On lens care, I've noted our 17 yr old against those younger on Halogens, LEDs, HIDs....I'd say proper wash habits are more a factor in maintaining them. I don't wash/wipe plastic lenses using the same microfiber towels as the body. The lenses are caressed like a baby's behind...featherlightly... The practice helps minimize fine scratches which can accumulate dirt & accelerate UV-protection layer wear. So far, it has worked.
    The heat? As this Lamp Condensation TSB below suggests, bulb heat helps rid lamp assemblies of trapped moisture. LEDs might do the job, but could take longer.
    Again, nothing against bulb upgrade to LEDs or HIDs...I tried new tech, but preferred to come back to old school halogens. The hobo inside is happy.Lights Compatibility Issue

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    ^an enlightened individual based on experience (from halogen to led then back to halogen)

I dont led for the form of its look nor the power saving but from the science behind light which made me stick to halogen and never switched to led

Last edited by kisshmet; September 6th, 2019 at 08:13 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post

folks should recognize the difference between announcing ones' presence, and blinding them with their radiance.

the true test of glare, is to stand in front of, and face one's vehicle, and "see for oneself".
    the un-controlled light from halogens is weaker than those from leds. glare from halogens may be forgive-able, while the stronger glare from leds may not be forgive-able.

in some cases, one wouldn't have to upgrade, if one simply removed the front windshield tint.

my thoughts.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast