New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    sa city namin, wave key but no immobilizer.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo
    well, not really ... kasi (the manual says) you need to hold the door handle to unlock the door ... holding the door handle allows the detection of the key in your pocket ... funny because if an intruder watches you, he'll be wondering why he can't open the door but you can!
    well, if you would have said that in the first place, I would have never had the wrong assumption or conclusion.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    well, if you would have said that in the first place, I would have never had the wrong assumption or conclusion.
    yup ... i had the same impression as yours until i RTFM!

the manual actually calls it "convenient access", not "comfort access" ... little things you get from translating languages

4. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    how much ba magpa-duplicate ng wave key sa casa? any ideas?
    or sa ibang key duplicating shops na kaya ito?

thanks

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    pangit ang gawa kung sa duplicate shops lng, di nila maperfect.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Wave key. In my knowledge...

Dun sa may ignition area may isang chip sa loob, then yung key natin meron din. This is the car with immobilizer. They (the chips) need to read each other to certify that the car is not stolen and the owner is the one driving it. Usually the chip sa key is located at the upper portion, dun sa hawakan. Sa mga German cars, usually malalaki anf susi nila kasi all in one na sila. Kasama na din yung pag-open ng locks or mga special features like pang open ng window para ipasingaw ang init sa loob and even start the engine kahit wala ang susi sa key slot. Ganyan sila ka advance kasi or shall I say ganyan sila kagalante sa Pinas vs sa Jap cars. =))

The key itself, either wave sya or brick or conventional, it is just the key to start it. Yung sa BMW na bago now, wave din sila pero start stop nya is push button na. =)

Hope this help a little. =)

Thanks! and God bless!

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Not all wave keys of Honda are equipped with immobilizer. The wave key simply pertains to the design of the key itself. The serations are quite different from the traditional keys we've grown accustomed to. It's a little hard to duplicate but i heard that some shops already accept duplication of this key. The immobilizer system is a different from this where as an electronic chip is embedded in the key itself which send a signal to the car's ECU. The signals of both the key and the ECU must match for you to start the car. If they don't, the ECU cuts off fuel supply to the car disabling it.

8. Join Date
    May 2008
    It has been 4 years. Sorry for resurrecting this thread. I misplaced the keys to my '03 CRV and I would like to have 3 more duplicates this time. I believe the original keys don't have immobilizer chips in them. Where can I go for duplication?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    It has been 4 years. Sorry for resurrecting this thread. I misplaced the keys to my '03 CRV and I would like to have 3 more duplicates this time. I believe the original keys don't have immobilizer chips in them. Where can I go for duplication?
    I had mine (2004 Jazz) duplicated at Key Card in SM North. Costs 500 pesos.
    Not as smooth when inserted, pero pwede na

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    IMO, the "wave key" is just a play on words concocted by Honda which pertains to the transponder inside the key housing, as it operates in RF (as in radio frequency wave) and is in fact an RFID system. The transponder works in conjunction with the vehicle immobilizer system.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUpsSk_7zwQ"]YouTube - How the Immobilizer Works[/ame]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Wave Key