New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy

hehehe! may insurance naman e
    isa sa pinakamasakit na injury kaya Ang masunog...yun treatment Saka recovery..kaya pag fire hinde ako lumalapit..

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    another way to rice your car.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    5 gals of water...Wala expiration
    Wag lang kung electrical fire

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx
    another way to rice your car.
    hinde naman,Wala naman makakakita eh...

why not coconut ipauso Sa mga Honda fanbois Ang fire extinguisher Sa mga kotse nila, at leastmeron gamit unlike yun "bike rack" na nilalabay nila Sa mga civic, karamihan Wala naman bike, porma daw Kasi Ang dating

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    hinde naman,Wala naman makakakita eh...

why not coconut ipauso Sa mga Honda fanbois Ang fire extinguisher Sa mga kotse nila, at leastmeron gamit unlike yun "bike rack" na nilalabay nila Sa mga civic, karamihan Wala naman bike, porma daw Kasi Ang dating
    here's what i posted in another thread the same one as this.
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    first off why do you need a fire extinguisher in your car? is your car heavily modified enough to need one? did you have any electrical equipment or connected to electrical of the car replaced or modified? is your car old and your not confident enough that it will be safe driving it daily? do you race and push your car over your limits that it might cause fire? if not then your just wasting money.
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    then let me ask every one here who said safety is a must, how many of you have a first aid kit or emergency kit in your car? which you'll have a bigger chance of using than a fire extinguisher. if you have a first aid kit, emergency kit and fire extinguisher then good job. but for those of you who wanted to buy a fire extinguisher for your so called "safety" and never considered buying a first aid kit and emergency kit first then your just making a pathetic excuse so you can rice out your car might as well put a roll cage and a 5 point harness seat belt even if you don't race for your "safety". i bet you planned to mount that fire extinguisher on the passenger side so that every one could see it. how many cars on fire have you actually seen? my whole life i've seen 2 cars on fire, one was a heavily modded car going as fast as he can on a twisty road and he was never able to use his fire extinguisher and the other on a car crash which i didn't know what caused it. my advice, before you even consider buying a fire extinguisher for your stock/lightly modded car get a first aid kit first then an emergency kit which like i said you'll have a bigger chance of using, the least of your concerns should be your car lighting up.
    from this thread.
    http://tsikot.com/forums/car-securit...commend-71924/
    like i said another way to rice your car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pwede pwede pala sa mga Honda fanbois...loud mother ****er muffler baka masunog Sa lakas ng tunog ng tambutso...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    dami ko na nakita na honda fanboys may naka sabit fire extinguisher sa passenger side window nila.

ayan sample kung san nilalagay.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    ricey nga.. kung wala naman provision for that thing eh ricey nga.. pwede naman sa likod ilagay eh..

sana yung tire jack at wrench eh ilagay naman nya sa driver side...

btw, yung Kia Besta EST Limited 2.7 may provision for fire extinguisher sa likod nakalagay.. OEM yun...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Safety equipment is never ricey. Fire Extinguishers are required in other markets on vehicles that can seat more than 8 or 12 persons (regulations vary).

Yes, I have a first aid kit and a basic EMS Jump Kit on board in case the ambulance hasn't arrived on the scene yet. Nagamit ko na siya nung maaksidente yung tao sa shop ni Jemson while working on one of the cars and when a large blood vessel on my uncle's leg suddenly blew up (he's a diabetic). We lost more than 150cc before we were able to control it. Siguro kung walang gamit, baka mas malaki pa nawalang dugo or hindi kami makakagawa ng definitive management. In this case, hindi na kailangan pumunta ng hospital ang uncle ko kasi complete ang gamit and we were able to manage the case without contaminating the wound further.

Fire extinguisher, frankly I just use the red one. Yun kasi ang OEM sa sasakyan ko. Built in siya sa passenger side floor. Kaya nung maluma, pula din ang pinalit ko. And the fire extinguisher is not meant to stop your car from burning. It's there to allow you or other passengers to escape. And it's also there so you can assist other motorists in the event of a fire.

Kailangan ba heavily modified para maglagay ng extinguisher? Not really. Yung bone stock Pajero (casa maintained to boot) ng consultant had an electrical fire while just parked at the consultant's parking lot at the back of the hospital. Buti naagapan. Kasi nasa likod din ng hospital ang wards for neurology and stroke patients. Mahirap sila i-evacuate kung lumaki pa sunog.

Here's mine:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    ricey nga.. kung wala naman provision for that thing eh ricey nga.. pwede naman sa likod ilagay eh..

sana yung tire jack at wrench eh ilagay naman nya sa driver side...

btw, yung Kia Besta EST Limited 2.7 may provision for fire extinguisher sa likod nakalagay.. OEM yun...
    All Korean and Chinese vans have a provision for a fire extinguisher. Yep, on my former Besta, dun ko sa provision nilagay yung fire extinguisher. On the newer Starex nasa ilalim na siya ng driver's seat. Same case with newer European cars so the driver can use the extinguisher as a means of escape. Pwede na din pambasag ng side windows should they be trapped inside.

But NEVER put the fire extinguisher on the vehicle's a-pillar if you intend to use the vehicle with a front passenger on board. In the event of a crash or rollover, the front passenger's head can strike the pillar and the sharp edges of the fire extinguisher mechanism can cause more injury.

In race cars, it's ok to put it there because there is no front passenger.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Fire Extinguishers for Cars