New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Any recommendation for a reliable fire extinguisher for cars that has no expiration? Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    afaik, lahat ng fire extinguisher me expiration.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    You need the green colored fire extinguisher. Not sure but I think its called HCFC or something like that. IIRC, it dos not expire and comes with a 5 year warranty. Can be used for all types of fire and does not leave a residue. Nothing to clean up after use. The red fire extinguisher will also work but its messy to clean up and it has a short ( 1 year ) expiration.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    5 gals of water...Wala expiration

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    5 gals of water...Wala expiration
    but you cant use that with oil/gas related fire.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Coincidentally, I bought one just last night from Ace Hardware (SM Annex). I got a Palmer Halotron I fire extinguisher. It's the smallest green bottle pictured in the following URL: Palmer-Asia Inc. - FIRE EXTINGUISHERS, FIRE SUPPRESSION SYSTEMS, FIRE DETECTION ALARM SYSTEM, FIRE TRUCKS AND RESCUE VEHICLES, CCTV AND SECURITY SYSTEMS, MARINE SAFETY PRODUCTS AND SERVICES

It costs a little over Php3k and has a shelf life of about 20-40 years.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I use the red fire extingusher bought off-the-shelf at ACE Hardware (the one with the gauge, refillable type).

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    You need the green colored fire extinguisher. Not sure but I think its called HCFC or something like that. IIRC, it dos not expire and comes with a 5 year warranty. Can be used for all types of fire and does not leave a residue. Nothing to clean up after use. The red fire extinguisher will also work but its messy to clean up and it has a short ( 1 year ) expiration.
    This is a good one. Will try to sort this out. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy

but you cant use that with oil/gas related fire.
    I will not even try to use a real fire extinguisher... if my car suddenly go up in fire...Tatakbo na ako palayo...:hrin:

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    I will not even try to use a real fire extinguisher... if my car suddenly go up in fire...Tatakbo na ako palayo...:hrin:
    hehehe! may insurance naman e

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Fire Extinguishers for Cars