New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi po ulit. I would like to thank dr. d and walter for exerting effort on helping me on my previous post but my problem was not solved so I moved here kasi parang mas suitable itong sub-forum na ito sa problem ko and to get attention na rin sa mga car installers dito. I hope okay lang po ito mga moderator. Pakidelete nlng po yung post ko sa kabila. I hope someone expert in installing car alarm security system would be able to read this and help me with my problem.

I have this honda civic lxi 1997 model. It has a non-stock car alarm security system installed. Actually wala naman po talagang problem, but i just find this thing annoying. Whenever I open a single door from any side of the car, the car chirps/beeps 10 times. Yung sound niya is as loud as the sound of pressing the lock button on car alarm remote whenever you're arming it AND it does 10 times as long as a door is open. Alongside with the beeping/chirping, my hazard light also blinks in synchronize with the sound. As soon as I close the opened door, the chirping/beeping and the hazard light blinking stops. Everything happens even the car engine is running or not. Another thing, if a door is opened and it chirped/beeped already 10 times and another door was opened, it will not chirp/beep again. So the chirping or beeping 10 times just happens once if a single door is still open. The hazard light here is not really a big issue.

Also, I could turn off the chirping/beeping by pressing the mute button from the remote but the problem is, when I press the mute button for the first time, the siren goes off! and I have to press the silent button again to turn off all the sound active.

I already read lots of post across the web and manuals but still no luck finding for the solution. I have read some manuals that there are series of commands to reprogram the car alarm but nothing worked yet. Last 2 weeks ago, I accidentally disabled this annoying sound when I was fixing the car remote but recently it came back again. :mad2:

My father told me last time that he once heard a car having same car alarm system like mine so I shouldn't worry much about it. Minsan na coconscious lng talaga ako sa places na tahimik like church or silent places when I am parking. It sounds like I am showing off too much already.

My last option here would be to change car alarm system or do something on the door sensors so that it would always be pressed.

My remote control looks like this one:

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    try to press the lock and silent buttons at the same time then tgnan mo kung mawawala.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020E using Tapatalk now Free

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bokista View Post
    try to press the lock and silent buttons at the same time then tgnan mo kung mawawala.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020E using Tapatalk now Free
    Thank you for your suggestion bokista. I tried it but nothing happened

4. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Hi, After searching for hours may nabasa din akong tama. I have read some very very old forum threads here na it could be deactivated only by disabling the alarm function so I tried it. Pressed unlock and lock button simultaneously for 3 seconds and the whole alarm system was disabled. The good side here is that, you can never hear a sound anymore but the bad side here is that someone might try to steal the car so if you are in unsecured places then just activate the whole alarm system again by pressing unlock and lock button again. The 10 seconds chirp can't be removed since it's one of the alarm's features.

I have checked my car remote pala and it has cobra name on it. Baka makatulong sa future cobra alarm system users. :D

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Wala kasi mga manual yung mga Taiwan alarms. Best is to take out the wire that is tapped to the door ajar light. Bad part is baka magauto lock lagi yung oto.

If it really annoys you, take it out then bring the spare alarm everywhere with you.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    find the alarm unit to determine the model. from there you can read its manual and set it to your satisfaction. cobra is a known brand and it's doubtful that these nuances can't be turned off.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    find the alarm unit to determine the model. from there you can read its manual and set it to your satisfaction. cobra is a known brand and it's doubtful that these nuances can't be turned off.
    AFAIK, generic brand din ang Cobra. It's one of those Taiwanese brands which offer good value for money. Had one installed for my 1996 Nissan Sentra for less than 2k, and it was still working when I sold the car to a friend in 2007.

Maybe you were referring to Viper, which is a well-known (but pricey) brand.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydi12345 View Post
    Hi po ulit. I would like to thank dr. d and walter for exerting effort on helping me on my previous post but my problem was not solved so I moved here kasi parang mas suitable itong sub-forum na ito sa problem ko and to get attention na rin sa mga car installers dito. I hope okay lang po ito mga moderator. Pakidelete nlng po yung post ko sa kabila. I hope someone expert in installing car alarm security system would be able to read this and help me with my problem.

I have this honda civic lxi 1997 model. It has a non-stock car alarm security system installed. Actually wala naman po talagang problem, but i just find this thing annoying. Whenever I open a single door from any side of the car, the car chirps/beeps 10 times. Yung sound niya is as loud as the sound of pressing the lock button on car alarm remote whenever you're arming it AND it does 10 times as long as a door is open. Alongside with the beeping/chirping, my hazard light also blinks in synchronize with the sound. As soon as I close the opened door, the chirping/beeping and the hazard light blinking stops. Everything happens even the car engine is running or not. Another thing, if a door is opened and it chirped/beeped already 10 times and another door was opened, it will not chirp/beep again. So the chirping or beeping 10 times just happens once if a single door is still open. The hazard light here is not really a big issue.

Also, I could turn off the chirping/beeping by pressing the mute button from the remote but the problem is, when I press the mute button for the first time, the siren goes off! and I have to press the silent button again to turn off all the sound active.

I already read lots of post across the web and manuals but still no luck finding for the solution. I have read some manuals that there are series of commands to reprogram the car alarm but nothing worked yet. Last 2 weeks ago, I accidentally disabled this annoying sound when I was fixing the car remote but recently it came back again. :mad2:

My father told me last time that he once heard a car having same car alarm system like mine so I shouldn't worry much about it. Minsan na coconscious lng talaga ako sa places na tahimik like church or silent places when I am parking. It sounds like I am showing off too much already.

My last option here would be to change car alarm system or do something on the door sensors so that it would always be pressed.

My remote control looks like this one:
    Sir,

Di ko alam kung fix na ito. Pero just in case na hindi pa.

Concentrate ka sa door ajar switch mo. Yung short mo para sa door switch ang may problema.

Baka di na sho-short ng tama or maluwag ang pagkaka short mo.

Yun lang

IMHO

9. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    I have my stock alarm system with my remote keys now disabled. Hinde na daw napapalitan yung mismomng housing kasi dilapidated na including yung spare. Ang sabi daw if i need to replace the remote keys bili daw at palitan na ng bagong alarm with 2 new keys included. May nakapagpa repair na ba ng stock alarm or remote sa labas? A new alarm was quoted to me around P2.5K daw. Please advise. TIA

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ^
    sir sa mga malls alam ko meron, may nakita ako sa ATC before
    meron nga gumagawa yun remote kasama sa ignition key

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast