New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Not as far as those old Cobra Units (4th floor UST Main Building to the vehicle parked on the then front parking (now its a pedestrian park).

About 3-5 cars away as you approach it on the parking lot. You can reposition the antenna wire to get better range.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    hindi ko nakita dun sa pics

yung bang autolock nya, brake activated din kagaya nung mga ibang taiwan models?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope. The autolock is ignition sensing like non-Taiwan alarms, not brake sensing.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Mas ok ba to kesa sa SNY alarm? Same price din kasi.

eto yung features ng SNY:
    HIGH TONE AUTOPAGE TYPE SIREN
    COMPACT REMOTES W/ LEATHER KEYCHAIN & CHROME TRIMS
    4 BUTTON CHROME REMOTES W/ KEY COVERS
    KEY LESS ENTRY / LOCK / UNLOCK / SILENT / PANIC
    BRAKE ACTIVATED CENTRAL LOCKING (VERY IMPORTANT SECURITY FEATURE)
    DOOR NOTIFICATION SOUND- ALERTS YOU WHEN DOORS ARE STILL OPEN
    STARTER KILL WITH ANTI-HIJACK FEATURE (2009 MODEL)
    ADJUSTABLE SHOCK SENSOR SENSITIVITY WITH SILENT MODE OPTION
    BONNET/ HOOD SWITCH INPUT FOR BATTERY/ ENGINE BAY SECURITY
    TRUNK RELEASE BUTTON!!!
    STEALTH MODE - SILENT ARMING & DISARMING BUT WAILS WHEN DOORS ARE OPENED
    COMPLETE- HARNESS, MANUALS, ETC...
    HI INTENSITY LED LIGHT FOR ALARM INDICATOR

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ok to ah.. we use autopage in our pajero and its good too. kaya lang whenever i park near abscbn tower, hndi gumagana ang remote. so i must press (or something) that vallet switch. eto walang vallet switch kaya safe. minsan naisip ko nga, that vallet switch makes the security system of the car useless kasi pwede naman palang ma disarm using that button. mura lang sya ha, 1600 lang.. at ang ganda pa ng features.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Most alarm systems won't transmit at the open parking beside The Podium also.

As for SNY, it looks pretty good on paper. But for me, I'm more into the OEM (plain-looking) transmitter. Chrome, leather, sliding covers, etc. aren't really my thing (was initially eyeing a GUDI system but the transmitter turned me off).

The other features are pretty much the same with FORCE except for the brake activated brakes (I'm not into that also, doesn't feel OEM) but it's a good feature for the forgetful set.

Trunk release is useless for me since I drive a wagon whose rear locks work with the central lock system. But its a good feature also.

As for the hood switch, it's good, but most of the hood switches that come with these Taiwan systems easily succumb to corrosion and become a source of trouble (e.g. false alarms, fail to trigger, etc.). Proper lubrication might avert failure.

And remember, a big part of a vehicle security system apart from the system itself is the quality of the install. So make sure your installer knows auto security.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Thanks to Dr. Rivera (OTEP), I just had this installed in my car. So far, no problems. The chirp alerts sound really "sosyal"

Jameson's really competent. Parang mani ang pagkabit. Makuwento pa hehe.

To those interested, I have a PDF version of the owner's manual of this alarm system. PM me if you would like to read it first before buying.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by arnarn View Post
    Mas ok ba to kesa sa SNY alarm? Same price din kasi.

eto yung features ng SNY:
    HIGH TONE AUTOPAGE TYPE SIREN
    COMPACT REMOTES W/ LEATHER KEYCHAIN & CHROME TRIMS
    4 BUTTON CHROME REMOTES W/ KEY COVERS
    KEY LESS ENTRY / LOCK / UNLOCK / SILENT / PANIC
    BRAKE ACTIVATED CENTRAL LOCKING (VERY IMPORTANT SECURITY FEATURE)
    DOOR NOTIFICATION SOUND- ALERTS YOU WHEN DOORS ARE STILL OPEN
    STARTER KILL WITH ANTI-HIJACK FEATURE (2009 MODEL)
    ADJUSTABLE SHOCK SENSOR SENSITIVITY WITH SILENT MODE OPTION
    BONNET/ HOOD SWITCH INPUT FOR BATTERY/ ENGINE BAY SECURITY
    TRUNK RELEASE BUTTON!!!
    STEALTH MODE - SILENT ARMING & DISARMING BUT WAILS WHEN DOORS ARE OPENED
    COMPLETE- HARNESS, MANUALS, ETC...
    HI INTENSITY LED LIGHT FOR ALARM INDICATOR

hi, i'm newbie to all these things. san merong ganito? san mabibili/pakabit? sandali lang ba pagkabit or the entire day? thanks

9. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Sa C3 cor A. bonifacio ako nagpakabit. meron nang central locks kotse mo, mga 1 hour kaya na install yung alarm. kung wala pa central locks, aabutin ng mga 3 hours.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yomar View Post
    Thanks to Dr. Rivera (OTEP), I just had this installed in my car. So far, no problems. The chirp alerts sound really "sosyal"

Jameson's really competent. Parang mani ang pagkabit. Makuwento pa hehe.

To those interested, I have a PDF version of the owner's manual of this alarm system. PM me if you would like to read it first before buying.
    I'm glad you're satisfied with the system. For me, it's basic but it does the job.

As for SNY system, the price quoted does not include install and other parts. Figure Php300.00 or so for it. But you have the option to have it installed elsewhere. Lots of nifty stuff to browse at C3. My colleague and I went there to check the 'talking' alarms. Kaso bulol yung salita kaya hindi na kami kumuha.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Budget Special: FORCE Vehicle Security System