New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boyscout View Post
    mas counter productive ito. example you are parked in a dark alley (di mo minsan maiwasan ito) tapos you get inside your vehicle, instead of driving immediately siyempre tatangalin mo pa ito, it would take time and it takes your attention away to the possible dangers around. Result is, it would be easier for a carjacker to take your car at gunpoint. Tapos macacarjack ka pa with the key, mahihirapan ka pa magclaim sa insurance niyan.
    [SIZE=3]You have a good point, Sir Boyscout. Thanks...[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    pwede mo ding pamalo sa ulo ng carjacker yung steering wheel lock :hit:

the advice about layering defenses is good advice. add ko lang that the defenses should be the most visible to a would-be carnapper (alarms with visible LED, steering wheel locks, etching). the idea is not to prevent your car being stolen - countless studies show that if an experienced thief wants to steal YOUR car, then he will no matter what devices you have - the idea is to make it such a hassle to steal your car that he goes and steals some other poor schmuck's car :hihihi:
    I agree with you 100 per cent, Sir M4 Powered. Thanks..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    install one of these in a well hidden unconspicious part of your car. battery kill switches like the racers use is one of the ingenius method of preventing car theft you just take the key with you and the car will not turn on no matter how hard the car thief tries.

Do you know where I can get this? And for what price?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardTagayty View Post
    gusto ko yan ah pa acid etch ang plate number ko sa mga salamin and side mirrors. makano yang ganon?
    its P150 per panel so say you want to etch both of your side mirrors then it will cost P300. You have to call Big Berts a few days in advance cause they have to prepare the mold or whatever you call it. Had my side mirrors done by them and am very happy with the workmanship.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    its P150 per panel so say you want to etch both of your side mirrors then it will cost P300. You have to call Big Berts a few days in advance cause they have to prepare the mold or whatever you call it. Had my side mirrors done by them and am very happy with the workmanship.
    Hi Sir Userfriendly, I would like to ask you about the concept of etching. Why do thieves get discouraged by this? What's the idea behind?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoholic View Post
    Hi Sir Userfriendly, I would like to ask you about the concept of etching. Why do thieves get discouraged by this? What's the idea behind?
    that suggest kasi na the owner is very serious and will go beyond boundaries to protect his/her car. hindi sya pa-eching eching

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Do you know where I can get this? And for what price?
    try this site www.rallylights.com

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For the side mirrors, they can steal it but can't sell it, since no one will buy side mirrors that have your lic plate no on it. Prevents side mirror theft. Cheap insurance for your side mirrors. I hate side mirror thieves. I once parked my car outside my house for less than 10 mins and my side mirror got stolen.

If you have your windows and windshields etched, they gave to replace the glass before they can sell the car. Now if they will steal your car for chop, chop, then the etching will not stop them but at least they can't resell the glass. Bawas kita.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Add ko lang. Some cars are equipped with computer chips on the keys. You can not start the car with out the chip key. So lets say you have your key duplicated by Mr. Quickie, you will be able to open the door but not start the car. Only place you can get the chip is from the dealer. Of course its very expensive. Its mostly found on American and European cars. I heared that a BMW key will cost around P15,000 and they have to get it from Europe.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Sorry, but I can't resist...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
anti-theft