New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DacoTyan View Post
    Sorry, but I can't resist...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/232777.stm

Hahaha!!! Ok to ah! Gusto ko to since my ex stole my car a couple of years ago, a brand new black Civic Vti. She sold it afterwards. Galit na galit ako. But then if I have this gadget in my new car , I would even encourage her to do so again. "Burn in H#%*L, you B#*%CH!!!" Bwahaha!!! :evillaugh

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    For the side mirrors, they can steal it but can't sell it, since no one will buy side mirrors that have your lic plate no on it. Prevents side mirror theft. Cheap insurance for your side mirrors. I hate side mirror thieves. I once parked my car outside my house for less than 10 mins and my side mirror got stolen.

If you have your windows and windshields etched, they gave to replace the glass before they can sell the car. Now if they will steal your car for chop, chop, then the etching will not stop them but at least they can't resell the glass. Bawas kita.
    Can you please tell me where I can find Big Bert's? Or better yet, their contact number? Thanks..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by HyBrideVo View Post
    try this site www.rallylights.com
    Parang puro for sale yata ito sa US. Meron bang available dito lang sa Pinas?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricoholic View Post
    Can you please tell me where I can find Big Bert's? Or better yet, their contact number? Thanks..
    http://www.bigberts.org/index.php?op...ntact&Itemid=3

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Add ko lang. Some cars are equipped with computer chips on the keys. You can not start the car with out the chip key. So lets say you have your key duplicated by Mr. Quickie, you will be able to open the door but not start the car. Only place you can get the chip is from the dealer. Of course its very expensive. Its mostly found on American and European cars. I heared that a BMW key will cost around P15,000 and they have to get it from Europe.
    you won't even be able to open the door with a duplicated key. they also don't even look like keys so you'll probably need some custom equipment to even try to duplicate it - which makes no sense since they won't open or start anything anyway.

actually on my car you can't even open the doors manually from the inside if you locked the car with your key. i found that out the hard way

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Guess it depends on the make and model. When I was working for a car rental company our mechanic cut a key for a Buick Century (I think) and it opened the door but won't start the car.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    ^^+1 re: depending on make & model.. my cousin tried to have his key duplicated at a local hardware store (home depot) and later found out that they won't be able to copy it because it has chip..

Most Euro & Jap cars have the Laser etched key so it's nearly impossible to duplicate it.. You'll have to order it from the dealer if ever you lose it which costs a lot. Or they have the Remote/Key+key like the ones used on the Benzes which you have a remote but basically works like a key and still have the metal key for the glove box.

Car Manufacturers are smarter now and so as the thieves.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Guess it depends on the make and model. When I was working for a car rental company our mechanic cut a key for a Buick Century (I think) and it opened the door but won't start the car.
    sorry, my bad - my post was unclear. i was speaking only about the bmw keys that you talked about in your original post. i didn't mean all keys couldn't be duplicated.

my vw key works the same as the bimmer's - computer chip based and you can't use it in the door or the ignition without the correct chip. mercedes is the same way (actually they don't even have a key - it's just a fob)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
anti-theft