New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Ill go for the cams!!!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    If you have the money, go for both. Two senses are stimulated simultaneously when backing up, auditory and visual. So the level of confidence is higher.

But if you have to choose one, get the back sensor. It is more accurate.

Yung rear cam, it has the limitation of being 2 dimensional. Walang depth. And you may miscalculate. Mas lalo na sa mga parking lots or backing on a wall na walang visual point of reference. Yun lang, mas astig nga lang ang dating.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    sir, mey sensor daw ngeon na meron ren display distance... kinakabit daw sha sa rear view mirror then i think naka link sha dun sa sensor sa likod... what can u say about this?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ctianzkie View Post
    sir, mey sensor daw ngeon na meron ren display distance... kinakabit daw sha sa rear view mirror then i think naka link sha dun sa sensor sa likod... what can u say about this?
    It is just a new innovation but this still works on the sonar system. Yun lang me numeric display (distance from an obstructing object) plus may audible warning system (gives out sound that varies in frequency depending on the distance of an obstructing object).

This is different from the video camera (rear cam) that you mentioned earlier. The rear cam gives you an actual view of the things at the back of your car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The rear sensor with distance display isn't really that new. I've had one for five years already on my Carnival. The brand of the sensor and display is SafetyEye.

The distance measurement starts when an object is detected 1.7 meters away, and it continuously updates the distance readout as you stay in reverse. When the distance is down to 0.3 meters, the display changes to a big "NO" accompanied by a steady loud beep.

Sayang nga lang at mukhang tumirik na yung electronic module after 5 years, kaya naghahanap ako ngayon ng thread tungkol sa pag-troubleshoot nito.

The auto electrician I talked with regarding the matter said these backing systems last for an average of 4 years, so if that's the case, maswerte pa pala ako at umabot sya ng limang taon. I don't know how true his statement is though.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    If you can, avoid mounting the back-up rear cam at a level. It should be mounted higher and angled downwards, like a back-up mirror.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    This is my rear cam:

Can't mount the cam properly below the tail light, and am afraid it will just be stolen if in case I'll leave it mounted there, so I guess this should do for me. Just wanna see what's really on the back anyway before I hit reverse. Btw, the white beside the cam's lens is plainly the windshield gum I used to stiffen it, not a wrongly done drilling on the bumper.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
    If you can, avoid mounting the back-up rear cam at a level. It should be mounted higher and angled downwards, like a back-up mirror.
    i agree!!! im planning for a rearview cam that can be installed and tucked safely under the rear upper spoiler of my apv.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    the tot-tot-tot and tooot! will be enough. for me its just a mastery of skills, thats what i rely on.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Just saw at Ebay.ph a seller selling combination of 4 sensors, rear view camera and screen. Buy it now price is P7,500 plus shipping of P1,350.00. Kaya lang the item will be coming from China. I am not sure if there are customs duty pa.

Here's the link: Car Reversing Set - Sensors + Rearview Camera / Screen

I am posting it here just to inform that there are already combination rear sensors and rear view cameras. So best of both worlds, eka nga.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Rear Cam instead of BackSensor