New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    elow guys,

im a newbie driver, and im driving a pajero fieldmaster 2007 and parking is my waterloo... im thinking about having a back sensor for my FM, but i heard about these front/rear cam that could be attach to a monitor inside so i have a better visualization of my rear... im interested bout this thing, and it would really help me a lot... do any1 have idea bout this thing?

how much it will cost me? what are the specs/brands i should look for? where would be a great shop to have it done? and any possible info bout these stuffs...

thank you in advance guys!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    You can just buy a car-mountable LCD (which is just mounted on the dashboard of your car). A Liliput brand would be relative good yet cheap (just dont leave it under direct sunlight). Cost of that would be just 4000-4500 brand new in Carriedo. For the rear cam, I believe there are plate mountable types that can be bought in Banawe or Evangelista. It has a mounting bracket wherein you will just mount it together with your license plate. Cost should not exceed 1000. Overall it's just about 5500 max + 500 installation perhaps (500 is exag but if you would like the power of the LCD to be wired somewhere else other than from the cigarette lighter, or you would like the wires to be minimally visible).

You can also go on changing your headunit with an in-dash LCD or 2 DIN LCD unit. Preferrably ung 2 DIN kasi ung LCD pag open ng HU nandun na agad, samantalang ung in-dash kelangan pindutin mo pa ung pull-out button para lumabas ung LCD. The generic china types would cost about 7000-10000 for the in-dash 1 DIN LCD and 12000-25000 for the 2 DIN. May nagooffer din sa Tsikot Virtual Banawe ng ganito na mag-add ka na lang din ng 1K sa price ng headunit at may rear camera ka na. This is more expensive but the good part is that less wires, less hassle of removing your LCD whenever you park in the open in broad daylight, and you get a cooler HU (unless your current HU is already awesome).

As per installation, you can try checking the "saang shop sa Evangelista" (correct me if I'm wrong) thread. Hope this helps.

btw, DIN refers to the size the HU will occupy in your dashboard, and HU means the head unit or the device you use to tune in to the radio, listen to your cd's, etc.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i was quoted 20k+ for an AVT set rear cam (w/ night mode yta) and pop out lcd monitor inside...

mejo mabigat sa bulsa considering almost 1month payment na ren sa car loan... mejo catchy lang sa knila is the 2year warranty...

(nga pla, i had this quote d2 samen sa Batangas City)

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ctianzkie View Post
    i was quoted 20k+ for an AVT set rear cam (w/ night mode yta) and pop out lcd monitor inside...

mejo mabigat sa bulsa considering almost 1month payment na ren sa car loan... mejo catchy lang sa knila is the 2year warranty...

(nga pla, i had this quote d2 samen sa Batangas City)

That price is just about right for AVT. And quite frankly, that's just about how much it would cost na rin even if you go to Manila if you'll insist on AVT.

Kung gipit sa budget, I guess my first option would be well-withing reach.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    i have a rear cam installed. flush mounted sya. its connected to my avt im621. the rear cam costs 2k. its "weather proof" daw but it fogs up when it rains hard.

anyway i suggest you get the fidelity 2din all in one (around 17k). plus the cam. mejo hassle nga indash kasi you have to wait 5 seconds before the screen pops up.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Practice lang yan bro. And in due time, you would perfect the art of parking - front, back, diagonal. I've been a driver for decades now and haven't use any of the parking gadgets.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Mahal talaga iyan.... Pero, ang mga high-end na sasakyan sa US, may ganyan na starting some years ago pa....

But, the LCD display in their vehicle doubles as your video display when backing up and your map assist when you activate the on-board GPS (ngayon display na rin ng dvd)....

4403:matrix:

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    i have both camera and back up sensors on my fieldmaster, imho mas useful yung sensor. camera kasi para sure lang na walang harang sa parking, usually before we park we glance at the space first kung kasya, at the same time malalaman mo na kung may nakaharang. then pag umaatras na a camera is useless pag determine kung malapit kana, pag nakita mo sa screen parang ang lapit na. kaya tendency mo parin is to look at the rear. mas accurate and sensor. tut tut tut. sige pa, tooooot. stop kana. check out my car domain may pics ako ng camera and sensors.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    good insight promdiboy. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    May kaopisina ako, nayupi ang back bumper ng civic nya. pero may back sensor siya.

Paatras daw siya, tumutunog na ang sensor nya, tingin sa likod, wala naman, e di tuloy ang atras, ayun, yupi ang bumper. Di nya nakikita ng tumingin siya sa likod pero ang sensor nya, nakita. Di siya naniwala. ayun, yupi ang bumper.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rear Cam instead of BackSensor